Sunday Service: Knowing Whom You Serve

(10-06-19) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Exodus Sermon Series:
Knowing Whom You Serve=

*Exodus 3:9-10
"9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.
10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt."

When did God called Moses?
1. When he is Median.
2. He's 80 years old.
"Age doesn't matter to God."
3. His family is established.
*Exodus 3:1
"1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God."
2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight--why the bush does not burn up."

*Unfamiliar
*Unexpected

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."
5 "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground"

Sandals=sinfulness

"Where the Presence of the Lord, it is Holy."

The God Who called Moses:
1. He is Holy.

"Sa sobrang kabanalan ng Panginoon, pag pumasok ka sa Holies of Holies, mamamatay ka."

(Because of the Lord's holiness, when you enter the Holies of Holies, you'll die.)

*Hebrews 9:7
"7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.

*Matthew 27:51
"51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split."

*Hebrews 4:14-16
"14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.
16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

2. He is a Promise-Keeper.
*Exodus 3:6
"6 Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

*Genesis 22:17
"17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,"

*Hebrews 11:11-12
"11 By faith Abraham, even though he was past age--and Sarah herself was barren--was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise.
12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

3. The Great I Am.
*Exodus 3:13-14
"13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

"I am who I am. = I am what you need."

I AM:
+the Bread of life. (John 6:35,48)
+the Light of the World. (John 8:12, 9:5)
+the Gate. (John 10:7)
+the Good Shepherd. (John 10:11, 14)
+the Resurrection and the Life. (John 11:25)
+the Way, the Truth and the Life. (John 14:6)
+the True Vine. (John 15:1, 5)

"Worshipping and Serving God is a Great Privilege."

Application:
1. Live a holy life.
2. Hold on to His Promises.
3. Do not worry.