Sunday Service: Who Do You Say I Am?

(04-07-19) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Who Do You Say I Am?=

*Matthew 16:13
"13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

TRUTH about Jesus: 100% God and 100% man.

*Philippians 2:6-8
"6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!"

*Matthew 16:13-14
14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

Wrong perception about Jesus.

Various perceptions about Jesus Christ.
Buddhist: Religious leader
Islams: beloved prophet
INC: true man
Jehovah's Witnesses: not part of the Trinity
Millenials: religions leader who commit sins.
Critics: fictional character

Many people are confused about their belief on Jesus.
•Many are ignorant about who Jesus is.
Many people don't have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Wrong Perception about Jesus = Wrong Faith

*Matthew 16:15-17
15 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

*Luke 12:8-9
"8 "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God.
9 But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God."

Christ= Hebrew: "Messiah"

17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

Application:
1. Know the TRUTH. (John 14:6)
"6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

2. Confess in your mouth that Jesus is Lord. (John 8:32)
"32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

3. Believe in your heart that Jesus is alive. (Romans 10:9-10)
"9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

4. Share the Truth about Jesus.

"Allow Him to be the Center of Your Life!"