Sunday Service: Together With Our Family

(11-03-19) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Exodus Sermon Series: Fulfilling God's Agenda Together With Our Family=

God's Agenda for Israel:
To deliver Israelites out of Slavery

*Exodus 3:8
"8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites

*Oppressed
*Discouraged
*Miserable

+Moses was called to be the deliverer of Israel.

Moses' five reasons why he couldn't accept God's call:
1. "I am nobody."
2. "I don't know Your name."
3. "The elders won't believe me."
4. "I'm not a fluent speaker."
5. "Somebody else can do it better."

*Romans 11:29
"29 for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable."

#AngPlanoNgDiyosAyDiNagbabago

*Exodus 4:19
"19 Now the LORD had said to Moses in Midian, "Go back to Egypt, for all the men who wanted to kill you are dead."

It's time for Moses to go back to Egypt.
1. God sent Aaron to help Moses.

Aaron
-older brother of Moses.

*Exodus 3:14-16
"14 Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses and he said, "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and his heart will be glad when he sees you.
15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do.
16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

2. Jethro gave blessings to Moses.
*Exodus 4:18
"18 Then Moses went back to Jethro his father-in-law and said to him, "Let me go back to my own people in Egypt to see if any of them are still alive." Jethro said, "Go, and I wish you well."

*Moses took care or Jethro's flock for 40 years.

"Let us prioritize God's agenda rather than our personal agenda."

3. His family gave their full support.
*Exodus 4:20
"20 So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey and started back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand.

+Zipporah, Gershom, Eliezer

What are God's agenda to our families?
1. Unity in the Family.
" A family doesn't need to be Perfect; it just needs to be United."

*Joshua 24:15
"15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

2. One Faith in the Family.
*Acts 16:31-34
"31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."
32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house.
33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized.
34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God--he and his whole family.

3. Same Burden and Passion in the Family.