Sunday Service: Wanted: A Deliverer

(09-22-19) Ptr. Lynard Molo

Ex: out
Odus: going out
Exodus: way going out

*Genesis 15:12-14
"12 As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him.
13 Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years.
14 But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions.

=Exodus Sermon Series: Wanted: A Deliverer=

*To be a Deliverer needs a preparation

*The theme of Exodus is Deliverance, and you can't have deliverance without a Deliverer.

Moses' Preparations:
1. God prepared his parents.
*Exodus 2:1-9
1 Now a man of the house of Levi married a Levite woman,

Amram: Father of Moses, Aaron and Miriam and grandson of Levi and the father of Levitical Family.

Jochebed: mother of Moses, Aaron and Miriam.

2 and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months.

*Exodus 1:22
"22 Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: "Every boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live."

*Hebrews 11:23
"23 By faith Moses' parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.

3 But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated it with tar and pitch. Then she placed the child in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile.
4 His sister stood at a distance to see what would happen to him.
5 Then Pharaoh's daughter went down to the Nile to bathe, and her attendants were walking along the river bank. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her slave girl to get it.
6 She opened it and saw the baby. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. "This is one of the Hebrew babies," she said.
7 Then his sister asked Pharaoh's daughter, "Shall I go and get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby for you?"
8 "Yes, go," she answered. And the girl went and got the baby's mother.
9 Pharaoh's daughter said to her, "Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you." So the woman took the baby and nursed him.

2. God prepared him intellectually.
*Exodus 2:10
"10 When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh's daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, "I drew him out of the water."

*Acts 7:22
"22 Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action.

"Hindi tayo magagamit ng Panginoon kung hindi tayo nag-aaral."

"Everytime na tayo po ay magtuturo, we need to study."

3. God allowed him to experience failures.
*Exodus 2:11-14
"11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people.
12 Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
13 The next day he went out and saw two Hebrews fighting. He asked the one in the wrong, "Why are you hitting your fellow Hebrew?"
14 The man said, "Who made you ruler and judge over us? Are you thinking of killing me as you killed the Egyptian?" Then Moses was afraid and thought, "What I did must have become known."

"Moses was compassionate man who was sincere in his motives but impulsive in his actions."

*Acts 7:25
"25 Moses thought that his own people would realize that God was using him to rescue them, but they did not.

*Failure

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

4

. God allowed him to experience disconnectedness.
*Exodus 2:15
"15 When Pharaoh heard of this, he tried to kill Moses, but Moses fled from Pharaoh and went to live in Midian, where he sat down by a well.

*Moses became a fugitive.

Egypt to Median: 458.66 km

5. God allowed him to experience a humble service.
*Exodus 3:1
"1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.

*Acts 7:30
"30 "After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.

Moses' Preparation:
1. God prepared his parents.
2. God prepared him intellectually.
3. God allowed him to experience failures.
4. God allowed him to experience disconnectedness.
5. God allowed him to experience humble service.

*Exodus 2:23-25
"23 During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God.
24 God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob.
25 So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.

*God wants us to experience true freedom.
*God wants us to be used to other people to experience their freedom.