Sunday Service: Saved to Served

Saved to Served:
"Use what you have in your hands"

*Exodus 4:1-2
"1 Moses answered, "What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, 'The LORD did not appear to you'?"
2 Then the LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he replied."

Moses:
+(first) 40 yrs= place of grandeur and privileges
+ (second) 40 yrs= place of preparation
+ (third) 40 yrs = place of perseverance

*Exodus 3:11-14
"11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
12 And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'

*Exodus 4:1-3,10
"1 Moses answered, "What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, 'The LORD did not appear to you'?"
2 Then the LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he replied.
3 The LORD said, "Throw it on the ground." Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it.
10 Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

*Acts 7:22
"22 Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action."

*Exodus 4:11-12
11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."
13 But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it."
14 Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses and he said, "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and his heart will be glad when he sees you.
15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do.

Two Truths:
1. Do not ignore ordinary people. (God uses ordinary people to accomplish His work.)
-We can never be too young nor too old to serve the Lord.
-Who you are, and what you have, means nothing until you have given it to God.

"You will never know the full potential of what you have until you allow God to have full control of it."

2. Do not ignore ordinary things. (God can turn ordinary things to extraordinary things.) Exodus 4:2 (staff--> position and possessions)

"Many Christians are unfruitful bcs they believe they are not qualified to do what God called them to do."

"What is that in your hand?
LIFE
-Time
-Energy
-Position
-Possesions
-Privileges
-Opportunities