Sunday Service: Start to Finish

(12-29-19) Ptr. Rodel dela Cruz

*Luke 2:11-12
"11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

=Start to Finish=

How did Jesus start enable him to finish?
1. Humble Beginning. (Luke 2:12)
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

*Micah 5:2
"2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times. "

*Matthew 25:40
"40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

*2 Corinthians 8:7
"7 But just as you excel in everything--in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us--see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

"Do not belittle small person or thing."

2. A Humble Living (Luke 2:11)
11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

*Luke 9:48
"48 Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest."

*John 13:14-15
"14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.
15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

*Luke 14:11
"11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

3. Humble Ending. (Luke 2:11)
11 Today in the town of David a Savior..

*John 19:30
"30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

*Philippians 2:8
"8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

*Philippians 2:9-11
"9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."