Sunday Service: Waiting on God

(12-01-19) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Exodus Sermon Series:
Waiting on God=

*Exodus 4:29-31
"29 Moses and Aaron brought together all the elders of the Israelites,
30 and Aaron told them everything the LORD had said to Moses. He also performed the signs before the people,
31 and they believed. And when they heard that the LORD was concerned about them and had seen their misery, they bowed down and worshiped.

*Exodus 5:1-2
"1 Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.' "
2 Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go."

+The Pharaoh reacted negatively.

While Waiting on God...
1. Their daily duties must continue. (Continue our daily tasks)
*Exodus 5:4
"4 But the king of Egypt said, "Moses and Aaron, why are you taking the people away from their labor? Get back to your work!"

-Faithfulness
*Mark 13:10
"10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations."

-Diligence

-Perseverance
*Galatians 6:9
"9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

2. Difficulties increased. (Persevere in times of difficulties)
*Exodus 5:8-9
"...don't reduce the quota.
9 Make the work harder for the men"

*2 Timothy 3:1-5
"1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

*Matthew 24:10-12
"10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

3. Some became impatient. (Learn to wait in God's perfect time)
*Exodus 5:20-23
"20 When they left Pharaoh, they found Moses and Aaron waiting to meet them,
21 and they said, "May the LORD look upon you and judge you! You have made us a stench to Pharaoh and his officials and have put a sword in their hand to kill us."
22 Moses returned to the LORD and said, "O Lord, why have you brought trouble upon this people? Is this why you sent me?
23 Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble upon this people, and you have not rescued your people at all."

"Are you going to make Your promises to me or not?

4. Delays do not mean God will fail to fulfill His promises. (Live faithfully no matter what)

"God has a perfect timing for everything."

How did the Lord encourage Moses?
A. God spoke to him.
*Exodus 33:11a
"11 The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend."

*Deuteronomy 34:10
"10 Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,"

B. God reminded Moses, "I am the Lord."
*Exodus 6:2
"2 God also said to Moses, "I am the LORD."

Lord: Jehovah
-eternal God
-promise-keeping God

C. He is in control.
*Exodus 6:1-8
"1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country."
2 God also said to Moses, "I am the LORD.
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.
4 I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they lived as aliens.
5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant.
6 "Therefore, say to the Israelites: 'I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD.' "

"I will" = He is in control.

D. The Lord assured Moses.
*Exodus 6:5
"5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant.    

E. Commanded Moses to speak to Pharaoh again.
*Exodus 6:9-13
"9 Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and cruel bondage.
10 Then the LORD said to Moses,
11 "Go, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the Israelites go out of his country."
12 But Moses said to the LORD, "If the Israelites will not listen to me, why would Pharaoh listen to me, since I speak with faltering lips ?"
13 Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron about the Israelites and Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he commanded them to bring the Israelites out of Egypt.

"Even no one listens to you, you need to do what that Lord wants you to do--- That is Trust."