Sunday Service: Grinding Test

(06-02-19) Ptr. Lynard Molo

*Philippians 2:5
"5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:"

*Rough?
*We need a refined kind of attitude

=Grinding Test=

*Philippians 2:5-8
"5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

*Humility

"We fail because of pride."

*James 4:6,10
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."

*Philippians 2:8
"8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!"

*Obedience and Submission

Obedience and Submission
1. Family. (Ephesians 6:1-3)

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2 "Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise--
3 "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."

2. Government Authority
-Land Law

3. Church (Hebrews 13:17)
"17 Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."

*1 Peter 2:23
"23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly."

*Meekness and Gentleness

"When we are misunderstood or judged unkindly or having something evil said about us this is a kind of grinding test."

*1 Peter 1:7
"7 These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed"

The "Refined" Christlike attitude should be:
1. Humble
2. Obedient and Submissive
3. Meek and Gentle