House of Nightmares/House of Stabs

While asleep, Nina was tossing and turning.

She gasped.

Nina's Dream:

At first, she was running from the gatehouse. Then, all of a sudden, unknown hands grabbed her and pushed her into the summerhouse.

The unknown hands revealed themselves, and Rufus appeared with a sly smile on his face. "No where to run, Chosen One."

He lunges at her, and plants a knife into Nina's hip.

She woke up screaming and in a puddle of blood from the stab.

Everyone was hovering over Nina and throwing questions at her.

"Are you okay!"

"What happened!"

"Nina, answer!"

She didn't answer any of them, and just lifted her blanket off herself, and everyone gasped in shock.

"Well, somebody call an ambulance!" Eddie barked at them as he came to her care.

Then, she blacked out.

~~~~~

Before Everyone Went to Nina's Room...

Eddie and Fabian were both in a deep sleep. Then they heard a scream, which woke them up immediately.

They rushed out of their room to see who it was that screamed as everyone else was doing the same.

They saw Amber bent down to Nina's bed trying to get her to wake up.

"Amber, what happened?" Mara asked.

"I don't know. I was asleep and then I heard Nina scream." She explained.

As they walked over to Nina, the group heard her mumble things like;

"Get away from me!"

"You're insane!"

"Please don't hurt me!"

"Rufus..."

Sibuna, Jerome, and Joy exchanged looks. "What does that mean? Who's Rufus?" Mara asked.

Then the second time she screamed, she woke up, panting and sweating.

They bombarded her with questions, then she finally lifted her cover up and the group sees her in a puddle of blood. "Well somebody call an ambulance!" Eddie barked at them, as he went to Nina's care.

Mara dialed an ambulance, but her hands were trembling so much, that she had to give the phone to Joy.

"You're gonna be alright Nina..." Eddie whispered to her.

At the hospital...

"Hello, I'm Doctor Lance. Would anyone like to explain to me what happened, or how Ms. Martin got a stab in her hip while sleeping?" He asked.

Sibuna, Jerome, and Joy exchanged looks once again, then Eddie spoke up, "Nina's a sleepwalker. I'm assuming that she went downstairs and walked into a knife." Eddie lied.

Mara frowned.

Doctor Lance frowned. "She just..walked into it? You kids just have knives lying around?"

"Well, it was really my fault. I was making a hoagie and I left the knife out. I feel terrible." Eddie said.

Doctor Lance shook his head and said, "Just be more careful. Ms. Martin will be fine, she'll just need some stitches. You can come see her if you like. She can be signed out tomorrow." They run to Nina's room, to find her eating pudding the nurse gave her. "Hey, guys." She greeted.

"Nina!" They cheer. "Hey Nina-" Alfie gets cut off by Nina. "Yes, you can get the Cheetos." Alfie grinned and opened up the bag.

Mara asked, "Why'd you lie to the doctor?"

"We couldn't really tell them that our dead archenemy somehow stabbed Nina in her sleep now could we?" Alfie said with a mouthful of Cheetos. 

"So Nina-"

"You wanna know what my nightmare was about, don't you?" She cut Fabian off.

"Yes."

"Well, I was running away from the gatehouse, and suddenly unknown hands grabbed me and pushed me into the summerhouse. Then, Rufus stabbed me." Nina described.

"Okay, how do we deal with this?" Amber asked.

"I vote to forget about it, and move on with our lives." Jerome suggested.

"Jerome we can't just ignore—" Nina cut off Eddie.

"I agree, actually. This won't happen again, and I don't want to investigate and end up trying to solve another mystery. So, let's just forget this happen."

~~~~~

A cloaked figure hid behind the bushes of the hospital where Nina was being held.

"Time to make my move." The figure declared.

••••••••

There you have it! And if you're guessing spoiler alert! I'm gonna tell you right now it ain't Rufus. Next chapter coming! Just so you knowwww the cloaked figure caused the dream.

Sibuna.