House of Reality/House of Together

One morning, after Fabian professed his love for Nina, Nina sat Chris down in the common room. She had made her choice.

Fabian. It had always been Fabian.

But, she knew that she couldn't leave, as Chris said, 'the mighty Malachi' up and running, so she had the anti-Malachi concoction in her jacket pocket. She planned to get rid of him.

Chris backed up a little. "I'm sorry, but it kind of smells like dead fish right now."

Nina chuckled, knowing that he was smelling the anti-Malachi concoction.

"Chris, I want to tell you something. This...thing that we have. It's been going back and forth for a really long time." Nina gulped. "I think it's time that it comes to an end."

"Nina, no." Chris shook his head. "Nina, please don't do this. I just got you back."

"I'm sorry. I really am, but I think it's time that I face the reality that your...your 'way of life', it's never going to change anything about you. It's why I can't be with you anymore." Nina told him.

Chris shook his head. "No, this is...this is bigger than that. Nina, a couple of days ago, you were so happy that I saved your life. Now, because of who I am, you're just ending it. Nina--who is it?"

Nina looked at him, and took a harsh breath. "What makes you think that-"

"-Nina, you have a look of love in your eyes. And I know that look is not for me. So, who is it for?" He asked.

"Fabian." She whispered.

Chris blinked at her, and shimmered out. Nina stood up from the couch, and looked around. She backed up, and Chris appeared again, but with Fabian wrapped around his arm, in a headlock.

"You want to see who I really am, Nina?" Chris's voice became warped, and Nina came forward.

"Nina, stay back!" Fabian warned. "Fabian..."

Chris transformed into Malachi. "This is exactly why we can't be together, Chris!"

"If I can't have you...no one will." Chris growled. Nina gulped, and yelled, "Fabian, move!"

Sibuna began filing in, and Nina made an orb appear in her hand. Fabian managed to get out of Chris's grasp, and Nina threw the orb at him. He was thrown into a corner.

"Nina, what's going on?" Eddie asked.

Malachi/Chris was hurt, so he was recognizing the pain.

"I'm going to do what I've should've done months ago." Nina approached him, and Malachi transformed back into Chris.

"Nina-"

"Don't even think that that will work again." Nina got out the anti-Malachi, and threw it at him.

Patricia got Nina's hand, and backed her up. Nina's eyes got glossy.

She watched Chris scream, burn, turn into Malachi, back into Chris, and then he finally exploded.

Nina turned into Patricia, and Patricia hugged her as Nina cried. Everyone gave her a group hug.

~~~~~

"She hasn't left that couch in days." Eddie said. "She's dealing, Eddie." Amber responded.

Amber and Eddie were watching Nina sit on the sofa, in her sweats, just staring into space.

"Well, I know that I just didn't think that she would be laying down on the couch. I mean, you'd think a bed be a more comfortable place-" Amber nudged Eddie as Nina started rising from the sofa.

She groaned when she got up, and Amber and Eddie approached her. Nina looked at the couch, and chuckled. "Have I really been sitting there that long?"

Eddie backed up. "Have you really not brushed your teeth in four days?" Amber glared at him.

Amber took Nina's hand, "Now, we are going to brush your teeth and mouthwash multiple times," Nina smiled, "you are going to shower and put on a beautiful dress, and come back to Eddie's room after you are done."

"Eddie's room? Wait-"

"Do it." Amber pushed her up the stairs, and gave Eddie a thumbs up.

Eddie returned it.

~~~~~

Nina returned downstairs as Amber instructed, and went into Eddie's room, where she saw Fabian's candlelight dinner that he had prepared.

Nina grinned. "...Fabian."

Alfie and Jerome appeared from behind the door in waiter uniforms. Alfie seated her, and Jerome seated Fabian.

"How may we take your order?" Alfie asked. "Alfie." Jerome gave him a look.

"Oh! Yeah, I take that back, we won't be taking your order because there is only one item available; two cheeseburgers and fries, which we had to bribe Patricia and Mara to make." Alfie sucked in air with his teeth.

"Let's get out of here!" Alfie whispered. Jerome chuckled, and Nina and Fabian laughed as they left.

"Fabian, what is this?" Nina asked. "Our reunion." Fabian reached over across the table and held her hand.

"I want you to know, that I didn't actually want you to...do what you did, if you chose me."

"Fabian," Nina responded, "I know you didn't. But, I also knew that I couldn't let a killer roam the Earth. I had to do it."

"And I know that it couldn't have been an easy decision..."

Nina gave him a look that shut Fabian up. "Fabian, it has always been you. Choosing you was the easiest decision I could've ever made."

They leaned over the table and kissed.

*****
Yay! Couple reunited!!!! Let me tell you how many break-up scenes and love-profession scenes that I have watched in order to come up with all of these quotes.

Sibuna.