House of Astral/House of Pool

While Nina was sleeping, her astral self projected to a college bar where people played pool. Her astral self strutted in, and took a pool stick and began to play. "I bet you 20 pounds that you can't make a hole." A hoarse voice bet.

"Where's the money?" Nina asked, focused on pool. She saw a very hairy-knuckled man lay out four fives. She plays and made a hole. When she looked back up, the money was gone. Nina asked once again, "Where's my money?"

The man glared at her.

A boy walked in and pushed the old guy up against a wall. "The money is all she asks." The man finally gave Nina the money, and pushed off the boy's grip. "Hey." Nina greeted.

"Hey." He replied. "Well, you got me my money. Could you tell me your name?"

"It's Axel." Axel stated.

"Well, I'm sorry Axel, but I have to go." Nina almost walked away, but Axel tugged on her hand making Nina stay put.

Nina turned around. "Don't go. You leave every night. Stay."

"You know I would love to stay, but I have-" Axel cut Nina off, "responsibilities. I know. You say that every night."

"I'm sorry." Nina apologized. Nina walked off. "You could at least tell me your name!" Axel yelled.

"Whatever happened to the beauty of a mystery?" Nina smiled. When she walked into the alley, she bumped into the guy who wouldn't give her the money she earned.

"Ah. The Money Innkeeper." Nina backed up from him. "Where you going, dollface?" The guy asked.

"Going home," When the guy slithered his hand on Nina's waist, she punched him. "what do you think you're doing?" When the guy stood back up, Nina grabbed a long piece of wood and slammed it in his neck. The guy remained with his neck bent and his eyes closed.

"Oh, god, no."

She gasped. When she began to walked towards him to check his pulse, the real Nina awakened and astral Nina disappeared.

•••••••

Who else loves the How I Met Your Mother reference? Those who watched it will know what I'm talking about. 'The ***less Innkeeper'. 😂

Sibuna.