House of Antechambers/House of Journals

Eddie slipped away after Nina and Chris left. Fabian noticed him sneaking away, so he followed him.

Eddie walked out the house and went to the Frobisher Smythe Library. He opened up the secret passageway and Fabian called out, "Eddie?" Eddie turned around. "What're you doing?"

Eddie sighed. "Promise me, you won't tell anybody. Swear it." Fabian nodded.

"Before we saved Nina, I had a vision. I touched Chris and he turned into this evil monster-man thing. The only reason I let him anywhere near Nina after my vision is because he's the one who saved her."

"Monster? As in..."

"Scarier than the Phoenix."

"Then we need to get Nina away from him!" Fabian turned around to leave but Eddie grabbed him. "No! We need to know what—who—we're dealing with first. My gut feeling is that Frobisher wrote about these kind of things before." Eddie said.

He and Fabian crawled through the passageway and walked through the tunnels until they reached the antechamber.

"Look for journals, books, anything." Eddie ordered.

"Found something!" Fabian exclaimed.

"Well that was quick." Eddie walked over to where Fabian was.  He had a journal in his hand entitled "Demons".

"You think Chris is a demon?" Eddie wondered. "Do you? It was your vision." Fabian replied.

"I don't know...let's just read it and see what we find." Fabian started flipping through. "Hey, hey, hey! Is that—"

"The Phoenix." Fabian finished. "His whole life story, what he looks like is in this book. How did Frobisher—"

"Does it matter?" Eddie began flipping through again. "We're looking for—" Eddie found the page. "Malachi."

"Are you sure this is right? Chris's name is Chris, not Malachi, Eddie." Fabian told him. "That's what my vision told me."

"Malachi is a hitman, usually hired by the Triad of Memphis. He has killed over a hundred people for the Triad. He is dangerous and beware; for his human half is how he gets so close and how he kills."

"So if we put two and two together then—"

"Chris is Malachi's human half. Which means that Nina is in serious danger."

~~~~~
What will be Eddie and Fabian's next move?

Sibuna.