House of Truth/House of Gas

The Scooby Doo monster names used as an example in this chapter do not belong to me. Enjoy!

*****

Nina was reading an article about the nine kids that went missing after being attacked by a mystery person, when Fabian, Mara, Joy, Jerome walked in.

"Guys, what's wrong?" Nina wondered. "Um, Nina, there's something we've been meaning to tell you." Fabian started off. "What is it?" Nina stood.

"You know that bookmarked page in that yearbook?" Jerome asked. She nodded. "Do you remember Rosie Drake?" Joy asked.

"Yes." Nina responded.

"Remember when you said she looked a lot like Zayday?" Mara added. "Yeah, why?" Nina shrugged.

"Because Zayday Duval, is Rosie Drake." Fabian finished. Nina shook her head no. "No, when I said she looked like Zayday, I was just kidding! I was only kidding, because there's no possible way that this could be true!"

"Nina, we overheard Reggie and Victor saying that the Rosie Drake here goes by Zayday Duval." Jerome stated.

"No, I won't believe that. Zayday is a friend. At a point in my life she took care of me when nobody else could! She is the one who convinced me to come back here! Amongst, other reasons." Nina admitted.

"Nina, please!" Fabian grabbed her hand and Nina was tossed into a vision.

She was tossed into the past, where she saw Rosie Drake in a cave with the rest of the old Sibuna. Then, she saw Zayday at K-Howl.

Nina gasped.

"What happened?" Fabian asked. "They look exactly alike." Nina frowned. "She is her."

"I have to talk to Zayday. Or Rosie. Or, whatever her name is." Nina grabbed her jacket.

"Nina are you-" Nina cut Fabian off. "Don't touch me."

Joy, Mara, Fabian, and Jerome follow Nina as she went to go get Eddie, Patricia, Amber, and Alfie. They follow her and ask her where they're going. "To K-Howl."

~~~~~

"Hey y'all. Time for #333 advice for the year. 'The ones closest to you are the ones who could betray you.' Now, you're gonna listen to one of my favorite songs. Rolling in the Deep by Adele." Zayday was on the radio, and turned on the song.

The door slammed open.

"Sorry, I'm not available right," Zayday turned around in her chair, "oh, hey Nina."

"Tell me that there's more to the story." Nina pleaded. "What is?" Zayday asked.

"That your name isn't Zayday Drake, its Rosie Duval!" Alfie yelled. He paused. "Wait, that's not right."

"Tell me, that you changed your name and left England is more than the fact that you were scared of a creep in a clown costume and a freaky mask." Nina begged as she inched closer to Zayday.

Zayday sighed, "My name isn't Zayday Duval. It's Rosie Drake."

"I think we've established that, Rosie." Patricia said.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me? You could've trusted me. But you didn't." Nina sniffled.

"I didn't want to tell you, because I didn't want you to get hurt."

"So, you were still scared of the guy in the get-up? Should we give this person a name like they do in the Scooby Doo franchise? Like, Creeper? Crybaby Clown? The Ghost of Mr. Hyde?" Patricia joked.

"Patricia!" Nina scolded. "I'm sorry, but it seems highly unlikely that nine common sensed high school teenagers would be afraid of a guy in a latex mask." Patricia scoffed. Zayday glared at Patricia.

"He calls himself Kek. Like, the Egyptian god of darkness?"

Flashback:

"They call me Kek."

"He told us that if we didn't stop looking for the pieces of the Disk of Kek then he would hurt our loved ones. We thought it was some kind of joke."

Flashback:

"You keep looking for pieces, me will hurt family. Me hurt friends. Me hurt loved ones."

"But it wasn't."

"You still could've told me! You know I can take care of myself! You know this!" Nina yelled.

"I'm so sorry I kept that from you Nina."

"I don't believe this. So, are you conspiring with Victor? And Reggie? And any other old Sibuna member?" Nina questioned.

"No." Zayday answered.

"Why should she believe you? Let's go, Nina." Fabian took her hand, and everyone left.

She groaned. "No need to be upset, Rosie." A voice comforted.

Victor's voice. "Or is it 'Zayday' now?" She looked up to see Victor, Reggie, and a hooded figure.

"Who is that?" Zayday asked. Reggie mouthed 'I love you' to her, as she feels someone covering her mouth and knocking her out with some sort of gas.

Everything starts to go black.

••••••
Oh, no! Who just took Zayday? Off topic--I can't wait until I can get a new upgrade on my phone. Androids are starting to suck. This is B.S.

Sibuna.