House of Tricksters

"Huhhh?!" Alfie exclaimed.

"Nina, she's in danger, we have to find her." Eddie and Fabian were the first ones out of the house, with everyone else following behind.

~~~~~~

Nina was hanging out in the clearing when she heard a twig snap. Nina looked behind herself to see the Phoenix. He looked back at her too.

Nina jumped up and almost ran away, but the Phoenix stopped her in her tracks. "I know how you feel, Chosen One."

"Really, I highly doubt that you've had your heartbroken before." Nina responded. "Believe it or not, I have."

"Or not." Nina almost took off again, but the Phoenix said something that made her stay.

"You know I wasn't always like this."

Nina turned to face him. "How do you mean?"

"My first love broke my heart..said I was too good for her. I wanted to change. I sought out a power that could change me forever."

"Which is how you turned into the Phoenix?"

The Phoenix nodded. "I'm tired of being looked at as a monster. I wanted the Bracelet of Amneris so I could go to Aaru and beg the gods to change me back into the human I once was." He lied.

"So...you don't want to conquer all the dimensions? No, wait, why should I believe you? You turned me evil, made me attack my friends.."

"I'm sorry about that...but fear is an effective tool. It got me the Bracelet didn't it?" Nina was silent. "Will you help me? You're the key..."

Nina was debating it inside her head.

"Paragon, please." The Phoenix begged.

Nina took his hand.

By then, Sibuna had found her. Before they could even call out her name, the Phoenix and Nina disappeared.

~~~~~

Find out what will happen next!

Sibuna.