Chapter 1

Summary: Dead Last of the class and overly lacking in talent, Yuma Ito is considered to be the epitome of pitiful by his peers. Having been orphaned due to the Nine-Tailed Fox Attack he has lived a life steeped in sadness and lives in a piss poor apartment. To make matters worse, his teammates are none other than Naruko Namikaze, host of the Nine-Tailed Fox and daughter of the Fourth Hokage, and Sasuke Uchiha, Son of Fugaku Uchiha and 2nd heir to Uchiha Clan. Having been shoved into a team of geniuses, how will Yuma Ito survive while dealing with the shame of being in their shadow?

Minato is alive and the Uchiha Clan still exists.

〰️➿〰️

Sunlight. That's the first thing that filled the young boy's vision when he awoke to the load ringing of an alarm cloak. Not wanting to fall back to sleep, he dragged himself out of his bed and walked to his dimly lit bathroom. As he walked through the doorway leading to his bathroom sink, he made sure to avoid the cockroaches that always littered the his floor.

He let out a exasperated sigh, feeling slightly irritated at the bugs that no matter how much he had attempted to rid himself of, they always somehow persevered. Not wanting to gross himself out, he forced himself to look away from the disgusting state his apartment was in. Appearing to him in the small mirror within his bathroom was his average face, brown eyes, black hair reaching to his shoulders, pulled into a pony-tail with two long bangs of hair resting next to each eye and pale skin. If you looked up average in the dictionary, you would probably see him listed as an example. He grabbed his toothpaste and toothbrush and got to work.

After showering he put on his blue shirt and brown cargo shorts and walked to the doorway of his apartment. He would've eaten breakfast, but all he had was Cup Ramen, and wanted to save it for dinner due to only having one. As he reached for his doorknob, anxiousness began to cause butterfly's to swarm within his stomach.

'Calm down Yuma, it's just graduation day, with any luck, I may be in a good team.' The young boy thought to himself.

With his self-comforting thoughts, he turned the knob and began his walk to the academy.

Thus, the tragic and yet hopeful tale of Yuma Ito had begun.
〰️➿〰️

"Hey Dead Last, are you sure you're in the right place, or are you just here to see the rest of us graduate." A young boy with a snarky tone yelled out to Yuma

The first person to greet him when he walked into the class was Kiba Inuzuka, if you could even call it a greeting.

"For your information, I did graduate bastard, maybe you should just leave me alone." Yuma said, trying to put up a brave front.

Kiba chuckled as he walked away while giving Yuma a retort.

"Whatever you say loser" he said while kids in their seats laughed and whispered among each other.

Like always.

Yuma walked to his seat with clenched fists as he went for the back row of chairs, not wanting anyone to see the shame on his face. It's always been like this, one of the students would toss him a snide remark and everyone else would laugh at him, no matter how much he hated it there was nothing he could do about it.

He was a clan-less weakling after all.

He sat down and put his head on his desk, waiting for Iruka-sensei and the rest of the students to arrive. As he held his head down, he began to hear the kids near him murmur in admiration. He felt irritation and anger well up within himself as he made a guess on what it was the others were murmuring about. It could only be those two. The two prodigies he was most envious and hateful towards.