Chapter 7

Minato had been signing off paperwork all day and was getting ready to leave the tower and return home to his loving wife after a long days work. At least he would've been, if not for the fact that he had walked into the office. Narrowing his eyes and clenching his hands, he looked upon the elder that had strolled into the Hokage's office unannounced.

"Hello, Danzo. It is unlike you to visit me so late, tell me, what are you doing here? Shouldn't the elderly be getting some sleep?" Minato said, feigning concern for the decrepit old man.

"The Akatsuki have made their move." The elder's tone was no nonsense, getting straight to the point.

Minato narrowed his eyes.

"The what now?" Minato asked, noting Danzo's lack of his usual mirth, realizing that whatever the elder had found, it couldn't be good.

"The Akatsuki are a group of several rouge S-Class Jonin. They hail from many different villages, and their goal, is the capture of all Nine Tailed Beasts. What they plan to use them for however, is still unknown."

Minato stood from his desk and walked to the window, looking at the village he had sworn to protect, no matter the cost.

"I know what you are thinking, Minato. You are confused as to why I am telling you this, why I would choose now of all times to see the oh so great Hokage after years of avoiding contact with you unless it was a council meeting."

Danzo was silent for a brief moment. When he was sure he had Minato's attention, he continued.

"I'm telling you all this, because as of today, just a few moments ago, Team Seven was spotted by my ROOT ninja, and were engaged in combat with Kisame Hoshigake, the former member of the Seven Swordsmen of The Hidden Mist, who seems to have joined the Akatsuki. Team Seven were rescued by two exceptional ninja who seem to be on the clients payroll."

Minato did not turn around at having heard of his daughters clash with the dangerous individual, and continued to stare out at the village.

"Is Naru- I mean, is Team Seven okay? Are they being treated?" Minato asked.

"As we speak Team Seven is receiving care by the medical team of Gato Enterprises. They are being taken care of, I assure you." Danzo said.

"I understand why someone other than you would tell me this, but I don't understand what you stand gain by informing me of anything, Danzo." Minato stated, clearly wanting to get to the point.

"I'll be blunt, Minato. I have long lost interest in the seat of the Hokage. I grow tired of this endless game between us, but if were to quit doing what I have spent the majority my life building, then I want to be sure that's for something that will make it worthwhile."

"What do you mean? What are you after, Danzo, just get to the point. Tell me what you want." Minato ordered.

"I will, but first, stop being a coward and look at me Minato." Danzo said.

Minato didn't turn.

"Minato...I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but for once, just once, regard me as an equal, and show respect."

Minato still wouldn't turn.

"Minato...I need you to look at me, you would've given Hiruzen that much, wouldn't you?" Danzo's voice grew louder, irritated at Minato's refusal.

Minato flinched slightly at the harsh but true statement from Danzo, but still, he remained frozen in place, refusing to look Danzo in the eye.

Finally, Danzo had enough, and roared, his voice oozing with authority.