Chapter 5

It ended as fast as it had began, the grassy plain surrounding Yuma was lit a flame, sphere shaped holes littered the battlefield. He stared at the two who brought such devastation and hell to the plain. Yuma continued to stare as his ears were still ringing, Sasuke and Naruko stood in front of him, arguing over who had the flashiest kill. Kakashi appeared in front of the two, having suffered no injuries due to using a substitution jutsu, placating the both of them by saying they both did great.

Yuma looked around him in a daze, wide eyed, and at a loss for words. The ringing in his ears was subsiding, the bridge builder was on the ground behind him, having fell onto his ass due to the sheer force of Naruko's Rasengan's. Tazuna stood up walking past Yuma to congratulate the two prodigies who had effortlessly gotten rid of the would be assaulter's. Yuma followed him sulkily, only one thought pervading his astonished mind.

'Why did I get put onto a team of prodigies who I have no hope of outshining?'

Kakashi turned to Tazuna as he got closer, a serious glint in his eye.

"So...care to explain Tazuna?"

Tazuna immediately tensed up.

"W-what do you mean?" Tazuna asked in a unconvincing questioning manner.

"I mean it obviously seems like you were hiding information from us, so quit the bullshit, and give us the truth." Kakashi says angrily.

Yuma looks at Kakashi and for a split second he sees Kakashi's angry demeanor falter a bit.

'Odd...'

Tazuna's stance falters, his shoulders drooped in a defeated way, and proceeded to explain everything.

Tazuna starts talking about how he is being hunted by a rich man named Gato who runs a large scale company that has caused wave to become poverty stricken. Thus Tazuna came up with the idea to make a bridge, that way the the Land of the Wave could get a stream of revenue into the village and increase trade. Gato, wanting to keep sucking the Land of the Waves resources, has deemed Tazuna a threat, and began to send ninja on his payroll to stop him from finishing the bridge.

Throughout the entire explanation, Yuma stares at Kakashi with distrust, noting that he never once looks taken aback.

Almost like he already knew.

After Tazuna finished spilling the truth, Naruko looks at Kakashi with conviction.

Kakashi-sensei, we can't just abandon the mission, I say we press forward!"

"I agree with the idiot, besides, I'm a member of the Uchiha Clan, This should be a piece of cake"

Sasuke says in agreement, not wanting Naruko to show him up, before turning to Yuma giving him a worried gaze.

Even the mighty uchiha is giving you pity, how sad.

Yuma had to grit his teeth, inwardly wincing as the voice cuts through his thoughts.

"Pfft, whatever you say you cocky bastard, I know you're just afraid of me leaving you in the dust." Naruko says, clearly amused.

"Shut up idiot!" Sasuke says, blushing in embarrassment.

Kakashi smiles before turning to the bridge builder.

"We will continue with the mission, though next time, don't lie in your mission request."

"Yes! Thank you so much. I'm grateful from the bottom of my-"

As Tazuna showered Kakashi with gratitude and Naruko and Sasuke continued their bickering, Yuma looked at them with envy. He stared as Tazuna thanked Naruko and Sasuke for saving his life, showering them with praise. As Yuma stood, an ugly feeling began to well up in his gut, looking at the ground in dismay. They began to walk off ahead, Kakashi shouted at Yuma to hurry up, as he dejectedly followed after them.