Chapter 12

Finally having caught up with Yuma, the trio of Genin decided it best to avoid interaction with villagers, seeing as they were suspected of murder by the vast majority. The three awkwardly walked in a group; a fuming Yuma at the head. He walked with an irritated swagger, as they headed into the forest to practice Taijutsu. Sasuke and Naruko smiled awkwardly, eyes closed in thought. Each of them pondered on ways to get Yuma to open up and be friends with them.

"Hey Sasuke, Yuma looks pretty mad." Naruko whispered to Sasuke.

"No duh idiot! You just spent the last few minutes badgering him on why he's doing what he's supposed to be doing!" Sasuke whispered back.

"B-But don't you think its wrong!? How he just dismissed the deaths of others so easily!? I mean, I know they attacked Kakashi first, but still!"

"I know, but its not our right to judge him...I mean, its not like he was doing anything wrong...Besides, its like Big brother Itachi always told me: 'Just because a Ninja must steel their heart, It doesn't mean they have no heart.' You know what I mean?" Sasuke said as he looked between her and ahead to Yuma, making sure he wasn't hearing the two of them gossip.

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." Naruko responded with a sigh.

"If the two of you are done talking about me behind my back, then you two would realize we already arrived at the forest." Yuma said with an annoyed frown, turning to the two of them with a scowl.

They both rubbed the back of their heads in embarrassment, shame on their face. Yuma looked at the two indifferently, walking to a tree stump and taking a seat. He began to read a book he had pulled out of his travel bag. Naruko and Sasuke looked at him in confusion, unsure of why he was starting to read right before Taijutsu practice.

"Umm, Yuma? What are you doing?" Naruko asked.

He looked at the blonde girl, raising a brow in confusion.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm reading." He said back to her.

Naruko puffed out her cheeks in annoyance.

"That's not what I mean! I mean, why are you reading right now? Aren't you gonna train with us?" She asked him.

Yuma laughed aloud, pissing Naruko off as her face went red.

"Yeah sure, and i'll just unlock the Sharingan and master the Rasengan while i'm at it!" Yuma said, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes.

Naruko clicked her teeth at him, annoyed at his behavior.

"Yeah, funny. Now get up, were going to train." Naruko said while rolling her eyes at Yuma.

"I don't think you know what no means. Listen, if I tried to practice with the two of you, I wouldn't last even a minute. Just let me read while the two of you practice being perfect." Yuma said with a roll of his eyes as he flipped another page in his book.

"Enough of the sass Dead Last. Hurry up and get ready for the training." Sasuke said with a scowl.

Yuma chuckled.

"Dead Last? Been awhile since you called me that." Yuma said with a smirk.

"What, afraid of living up to that nickname? Huh Yuma?" Sasuke asked with a smug look.

"You may be able to trick Naruko with name calling and reverse psychology, but not me." Yuma said as Sasuke frowned in response.

"What is that supposed to mean!?" Naruko butted in, her puffed out cheeks and red blush making Yuma let out a chuckle.