Chapter 46

〰️❇️〰️
Warning, graphic depictions of mutilated corpses in chapter below. Do not read if sensitive to such material.
〰️❇️〰️

"One hundred and fifty two, one hundred and fifty four, one hundred and fifty fi-!?"

*Beep*

"Yo mom, you home? Hello? Mom!"

"Hmph, A mothers work is never done huh?"

With a sarcastic musing, Kushina rose to her feet, wiping the bead of sweat off her forehead caused from her daily work out session. She walked to the door, making sure it was in fact her daughter who called for her through the peep hole in the doors facing.

"Huh!? That person with Naruko looks like-!?"

Slamming the door open, Kushina looked at Jiraiya with a look of pure shock.

With a little spin, Naruko threw her arms out in a grand gesture towards Jiraiya, as if saying "Behold!"

"Ta da! Look who I brought over!" Naruko yelled out cheerfully, a wide and infectious smile on her face.

"Ha ha, its been awhile Kushina." Jiraiya joked nervously, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

Kushina's head went down, her hair obscuring her face as she marched past the door frame. Jiraiya who was now afraid took a step back, looking at Kushina worriedly.

"K-Kushina?"

"M-Mom?"

And, in a moment that shocked Jiraiya to his bone...

Kushina pulled the big oaf into a tight hug.

"You idiotic old fool, we all missed you ya know..." Kushina mumbled into the mans chest.

"I'm sorry...For leaving like that, I just-!?"

Kushina, not one for listening to excuses, promptly shoved her fist into Jiraiya's stomach, making him gasp in pain, spittle flying out of his mouth from the force.

"You idiot! Do I look like my husband!? Now isn't the time to be sulking on what could have been done, now is the time to make new memories! I'll give Minato a stern talking to when he gets home, so shut up and come in to eat dinner with me and my beautiful daughter!" Kushina bellowed, her red hair flailing menacingly behind her.

"Y-Yes ma'am!"

Naruko smiled, not interrupting as she followed her surrogate grandfather and mother into their home for supper. She giggled as she saw the makings of a fond smile begin to take form on Jiraiya's lips.

"The place hasn't changed a bit..." Jiraiya said with a wistful air.

"Oh it has, especially Naruko's bed room. So tidy, remember how dirty she used to be?" Kushina remarked, much to Naruko's embarresment.

"Mom, stop it! That isn't funny!" Naruko whined, pouting as a red hue took form on her cheeks.

"But its true! Oh its just so cute how you try to act like a tom boy! Why just the other day you dragged me to the store to pick out a dress." Kushina gushed, stars in her eyes as she revealed her daughters more girly side she tries her best to keep hidden.