Chapter 45

The sun shined in through the crack of his curtains. Wiping his eyes, he threw the blanket off of himself. He grumbled to himself as he left for his restroom, starting the shower up. After getting out, he brushed his teeth and began heating up a plate of left over barbecue he had gotten for himself the night before.

He began to eat the food on his plate, a scowl on his face.

Yuma was in a bad mood.

After declaring to his childhood bully that he would defeat him in the upcoming tournament, he had immediately left for the Shimura Dojo.

Only for Sai to inform him that Danzo would not be available for the entirety of the month to train him.

Not only that, but Sasuke was going to be trained by his father and older brother for the duration of the month, Naruko was most likely gonna receive special training by her father who just happened to be the Hokage, and Kakashi had his hands full with some other business.

'Life just isn't fair.' Yuma thought with a sigh, lazily prodding at his food with his chop sticks.

Finishing his food, he got up from his seat, taking his plate to the sink. Swatting gnats that flew into his face, he let loose an agitated grunt, throwing the plate to the floor.

"If no one is able to train me then what the hell am I gonna do!" Yuma yelled.

Knock. Knock.

And as if there to answer that very question, Yuma opened the door to see Naruko standing there with a nervous smile.

"Uh, everything alright? I heard ya yelling all the way out here." Naruko asked.

"What do you want Naruko?" Yuma asked with a grumble.

"Well mister grumpy, I just happened to hear ya need help finding a trainer? My dad knew you'd feel left out, so he sent me here to fetch ya. He has someone willing to train ya. Now come on, their waiting at the Hokage Tower." Naruko said, pulling him out of his apartment room, and dragging him down the street.

"Hey, let me go! I'm not gonna run off or anything." Yuma said, attempting to tug his arm out of her vice grip.

"Fine, but if you try running off, I'm clocking ya in the head." Naruko said with a grin.

"Yeah yeah, damn, you have a great grip." Yuma said, rubbing his now red arm as the two of them took to the streets of the Leaf Village.

Yuma looked at Naruko's cheery demeanor, a worried look taking over his features.

"Hey Naruko, everything alright?" Yuma asked.

Naruko flinched.

"Y-Yeah, of course...Why wouldn't they be?" Naruko said, a smile so wide Yuma could immediately tell it was fake.

"If you don't wanna talk about it, then I understand. Just don't think you have to force yourself to be happy when you're around me, okay?"

Yuma continued walking, stopping when he realized Naruko was no longer by his side. Looking back, he saw the shocked Naruko staring at him with a dumbfounded expression.