Chapter 31

Inari lazily slurped up the noodle broth that settled at the bottom of his bowl. He had his chin resting in the palm of his hand that was propped up by his elbow resting on the table. Kisame ordered another bowl from the waitress working at the diner they were situated in. The waitress looked visibly freaked out by the mans sharkskin features, but took every chance she could to flirt with Hidan.

'If she only knew who the real freak at this table was. Kisame may look weird but he certainly isn't the one you gotta watch out for.' Inari though to himself, his eyes shifting over to Hidan with worry.

Inari thought back to the bandits that attempted robbing them on their way here with a shutter. The bandits weren't just murdered, they were butchered like pigs. Sure they deserved it, and yeah they might've attacked other people who didn't deserve it if nothing was done, but still...

The level of ritualistic brutality Hidan employed in battle was enough to make a person wretch and vomit.

Hidan began ravaging his plate of fried frog legs, looking more like a wild beast than a handsome man like his looks would lead you to believe.

"So...The hidden frost village huh? I wonder what it looks like over there..." Inari mumbled aloud.

"Neither of us have been there either kid. We're not heading over there for sight-seeing, we got a mission. Capture the Two Tails." Kisame said.

"I know that, i'm just a little excited is all. This is my first time seeing another village other then my home or the Hidden Rain." Inari grumbled into his arms as he put his red face into his crossed arms on the table.

"Leave the kid alone Kisame! Let him have a little fun! Still hungry squirt?" Hidan chuckled, throwing Yuma another menu.

"Uh, no, but thanks anyways..." Inari said.

"Oh well, more for me! Hey, waitress make some more frog legs, a mans gotta eat ya know!" He said, winking at the now blushing waitress.

Inari chuckled, despite how utterly psychotic the immortal man was, he still had his charming side. He began to think about all that had happened in his life recently. It had changed a lot over the course of just a few weeks. He thought back to the time he had met them.

His fist clinched in anger.

'I trusted them, and they brought death to everyone I loved...' He thought in anger.

His spoon bent in his hand as he remembered the golden haired girl he met on that fateful day, causing him to snap out of his angry stupor.

'Since that day, food hasn't tasted as good as before. I wonder why?' He thought to himself.

"Hey kid, are you alright?" Kisame asked.

"Y-Yeah, sorry, got a little too lost in thought there..." Inari excused.

Kisame shrugged, not thinking too much into it, before gulping the rest of his noodle broth, and showing off his shark-like grin after doing so.

"Well lets get going then. We need to get to the frost village within the next four days. I don't want the Jinchuriki leaving before we get there." Kisame said, standing up from his seat, throwing a wad of yen onto the table to pay for their meal.

Inari nodded, his determined expression flaring back to life as he followed after the grinning Kisame and the child-like gluttonous Hidan.

〰️➿〰️

Yuma sat at the edge of the pond they had set up camp near as the moon took form in the waters reflection. He let himself relax as his legs finally got to rest. They had been travelling through the forest for four hours before finally deciding to call it a day. They had ran into no one so far, but that only made Yuma all the more weary.