Chapter 49

Night had overtaken the day by the time Naruko decided to leave her room for the first time in hours. Her eyes drifted from one end of the hallway, to the beginning. She began walking slowly, trying her best not to wake anyone, especially her dad.

As soon as she got to the stairwell, leading down into the dining area, she hopped the railing. Landing on her feet gracefully, she tip toed as quietly as possible thinking that she was home free. Until...

"And where is it you think you're going."

As soon as that question was asked, the lights in the living room sparked to life, causing her to curse aloud.

"Damn it." Naruko swore, giving her father, who was sitting in an armchair with a disapproving frown, a hateful scowl.

Minato lifted a brow, shifting in his chair.

"Well?" Minato asked once again.

Naruko smirked, and scoffed.

"To see pervy sage, where else?" Naruko questioned sarcastically.

"Naruko, we talked about this. You are not allowed to be trained by that man."

"That man!? THAT MAN!?" Naruko clenched her fists, anger filling her bones.

"Naruko, please you're-!?"

"NO, DON'T 'NARUKO' ME. WHY!? WHY DO YOU HATE PERVY SAGE SO MUCH!?" Naruko questioned, angry at what she perceived as an unjust hate.

"Enough." Minato said, a dead serious tone permeated by a wave of killer intent, scaring Naruko out of her fit of rage.

"Go to your room. Right. Now." Minato ordered.

Tears welled up in her eyes, as she stomped back up stairs, the look in her eyes making Minato flinch. Letting loose a hefty sigh, he sunk back into his chair. This was the third time he had gotten into an argument with his daughter in the past three weeks. He didn't like yelling at her, and some part of him knew he was in the wrong.

But he couldn't forgive Jiraiya for leaving them all for so long. The man who practically raised him. It angered him.

And so, when his wife came to him, asking for his approval to let their sweet Naruko be trained by him.

He just couldn't allow it.

It was childish, it was bitter.

And it was hateful.

He knew that, but still...

And so, this was his fate for the foreseeable future. Kushina, angry at him as well, had banished him to the one place all husbands fear sleeping in.

The living room.

And he deserved it.

He knew at least that much.

Rubbing his temples, he got up from his arm chair, and proceeded to walk to his daughters bedroom, up the stairwell. He got to the orange door, and knocked.