Chapter 11

Inari rubbed his eyes with a yawn, awaking to the smell of home cooking. He smiled while getting up and walking to his small restroom. After finishing showering and brushing his teeth, he made his way to the kitchen. He heard his mother humming a happy tune as bacon sizzled on the grill. Smiling to himself he walked up to her, and hugged his mother from behind.

"Hey mom! How are you doing?" Inari asked, causing his mother to smile contently.

"Just fine Inari, had a nice sleep?" She asked as she began setting the plates on the table.

"Yeah, by the way, were's Kaiza, shouldn't he be getting up soon?" Inari asked.

His mother stopped in her tracks. A small frown forming on her complexion.

"Kaiza had to leave again..." His mother said.

Inari frowned, looking at his plate in quiet contemplation.

"He always leaves, doesn't he?" Inari said, a bitter smile taking form on him.

Inari's mother frowned at him, understanding what he must be feeling, a lonesome sigh escaping her lips.

"I'm sorry, it must be hard on you, especially with your grandfather not being back yet from his journey to Konoha..." Inari's mother said sadly.

Inari bit into his bacon, his mood dampening upon mention of his grandfather.

'She's right...He should've been back by now, its been several weeks since Grandfather Tazuna left...I wonder, did anything happen?' Inari thought, worried for his grand fathers safety.

His mother noticed her son timidly tapping his fork against the plate, clearly solemn at the news of his grandfathers and surrogate fathers absence. Sighing to herself, she set her cooking ware down and walked to her son. She wrapped her arms around his small, child like frame. Inari blushed in embarrassment, holding his head down to hide it from her.

"M-Mom!? Cut it out you're embaressing me!" Inari said, his voice panicked as he tried to hide his smile.

"Nope! I don't feel like it!" She said with a serene grin.

"Jeez mom..." He muttered lowly.

"You know me and Kaiza love you dearly. I know he is always away from home, but he's doing it for the good of the village..." She said in a low tone.

"I know. I just wish he could spend more time with us is all..." Inari said.

"Me too sweety, but you know Kaiza tries his best. Like he always says; 'Protect what you love with both of your arms'. Right now, he's doing everything to protect all of us with everything he has, so its up to us to have faith in him." She said, her eyes closed and mouth formed into a motherly smile.

Inari smiled as well, letting loose a content sigh.

"I guess your right mom." He admitted reluctantly.

"Of course I am, after all..." She started, letting her son be released from her loving embrace, walking to the front of the table, and setting a plate of pancakes on the table.

"I am your mom! Everyone knows mom's are always right!" She said, a large smile forming on her face, warming Inari's heart.

And with that, the happy family began their peaceful breakfast. Love and happiness abundant all around.

〰️➿〰️

After finishing his breakfast, Inari stepped into his bedroom, and put on his shoes and fishers hat. After Checking himself in the mirror, he nodded to himself in satisfaction. He picked up his basket for holding fish and his fishing rod, before running out of his room and to the door. He was about to turn the knob, when suddenly...