Chapter 23

〰️➰〰️
Knowing what it feels like to be in pain is exactly why we try to be kind to others. Jiraiya
〰️➿〰️

Yuma walked down the main road of Konoha, a look of pure and unfettered embarrassment spread across his face.

'I can't believe I fainted in front of mister Danzo! So embarrassing!' Yuma thought to himself, cracking his neck as it was riddled with discomfort.

And what was with that bed he put me on! The mattress was almost as hard as rock! But still...' Yuma began to smile.

'If he didn't care about me, then why make sure I had a place to sleep? He could've just left me on the floor, But he didn't, which means...'

Yuma was snapped out of his train of thought by a familiar voice calling him from down the street.

"Yo Yuma! Over here!" The boisterous sound of Naruko's voice carried over the crowd, everyone getting into a frenzy upon seeing the village hero and her mother so early in the morning.

Yuma's face became even more red, as the stares of bystanders looked between him and Naruko in confusion. Yuma quickly ran past all them over to Naruko.

"Do you have a volume button!? Can I turn you off!? Where's that off switch you loud mouth!?" Yuma berated Naruko in embarrassment.

"Hey! What is that supposed to mean!?" Naruko argued back with a pout.

"It means your too goddamned loud!" Yuma yelled back.

"Well excuse me! I was just trying to get the attention of a grumpy friend of mine!" Naruko yelled back.

"Who said I was your friend!?" Yuma yelled back.

"Now why do you get to act like that!?" Naruko snapped.

As they bickered back and forth, the sound of motherly laughter reached Yuma's ears. Yuma looked to Naruko's side, his eyes widening in surprise, before quickly narrowing.

"Oi, don't stare down my mom like that!" Naruko yelled, smacking Yuma on the back of his head.

"Ow! Your such a-!?"

"So you must be this Yuma I've been hearing about." Kushina, Naruko's mother, butted in.

Yuma ceased his squabble with Naruko, turning to the red headed mother of Naruko.

"Y-Yeah, that's me." Yuma said, but with a lower volume, him not knowing how I should talk to the mother of his teammate.

"Naruko never stops talking about you, and how she has been trying her hardest to be your friend." Kushina said, Naruko immediately reddening up at that statement.

"H-Hey mom! Stop, don't tell him that!" Naruko screeched.

"And why not? Its the truth isn't it?" Kushina said with a chuckle.

"That's true, but still...jeez mom." Naruko pouted.

Yuma's eyes widened at that, a faint blush appearing on his face.