20

Continued
Ethan's POV
"Where are you going?" Grayson asked as I threw on my blue hoodie. I look I the living and see Ava and Val playing a game.

"Rachel's.." he spits out his water and stares at me in shock.

"Are you kidding me Ethan? You and Val like just got together." I roll my eyes and grab my keys.

"Gray it's for a fucking science project, I wouldn't do that to her." His eyebrows furrowed and he laughed.

"Yea and since when do you just do a 'science project'?" A sigh escapes my mouth from annoyance. "And what do you mean you wouldn't do that to her? You did that to every girl u dated. Which lasted about two weeks."

"Well dickhead may it ever occur to you that I actually like Valarie." He stares at me for a minute and begins to burst out laughing.

"You? Like someone? Yeaa, have fun with that project." He pats my shoulder before exiting the kitchen. "Ava you want me to drive you home now?" He ask, she gets her bag and nods her head.

"See youse later." She says before walking out the front door, Grayson looks at me again and shrugs his shoulders.

Even if Grayson didn't believe me I do like Val, and not just because of the sex. Even though that was great too. Everything about her was great, and she understands me. She always did.

When I'm around her I can be myself and not be uncomfortable, or judged. I still don't know why she would want to be with someone like me. She deserves so much better, but I don't want anyone else to give her what I can't. I want to be enough.

But I know I'm not.

"I'm gonna go to Rachel's now." She rolls her eyes and leans towards me. Her eyes stay glued to my lips as mine do the same to her. I pull her closer and our lips connect. Her sweet cherry chapstick now on my lips.

Val's POV
I walk down the aisle and grab a bag of pretzels, "So..you and Grayson?" Ava looks up from her phone and smacks my arm. "Ok, ok..did y'all fuck yet or?"

"Valarie! Stop." We both laugh until someone walks down the same aisle as us.

"Shit."

"Hey." Ryan walks up to me with a warm smile, his smile always made me feel better.

"Hey Ryan." His arms open for a hug and so do mine. His hands wrap around my waist right above my ass. I quickly detach myself from him reminding him I wasn't single.

"How's uh, you and Ethan?" I nod my head and laugh.

"Oh we're fine. Have you found..anyone yet?"

"I'm still waiting on you." My eyes widen and Ava starts to obnoxiously cough. He puts his head down and starts to laugh. "I'm having a party tomorrow, just a celebration for the warm weather. I'd love if you could come." He looks at Ava and smiles, "you too."

"I'll be there, and she will too." I squeeze my eyes shut and give him a nervous smile.

"I'll text you the time." Ava stares at him as he walks out of the aisle, and my eyes are stuck on her. She turns back around and jumps.

"What?"

"You bitch. Ethan barely likes Ryan I can't go to his party!" I groan as I put another back of pretzels into my basket.

"Who said we were telling him?" I look over at her and she winks. "Ugh, don't you just love me?"

"Why did I even bring you with me?" I mutter looking for the salsa.