23

1 week later
Valarie's POV
The bell rings and Ethan quickly gets up and exits the classroom. I look at him then Grayson, who had disappointment covered all over his face.

"What's up with him?" Ava asks, I look over at him and shut my locker closed.

"After I told him. After I told him I loved him he's been acting weird. He hasn't even been answering my calls and so has Grayson." I meant every world I said to Ethan that day. He didn't even say anything back. He kissed me and held me in his arms. Nothing back.

I'm not gonna force him to tell me he loves me, I want him to take his time. But something was off. They were both hiding something.

"Anyway..have you and Grayson talked things out?" She looks down and I sigh. "Damn Ave, I'm sorry."

"Yea whatever. He wasn't worth it anyway." She looks at him one more time before walking away to her next class.

What the fuck is up with him?

I walk up to him and in the corner of my eye I see Ethan put his head down. "Gray can I talk to you for a sec?" The girl who was whispering into his ear looks at me, shooting me a glare. I give her one back and Grayson laughs.

"Can I talk to you or not?" I fold my arms and he looks over at Ethan. Who still hung his head low.

"You should talk to your boyfriend instead. He's got some stuff to tell you." He smirks and before I can get a word in Ethan drops his book on the floor.

"You know what Grayson! Fuck you!" He laughs as he swings his arm around the girl.

"That's not my job buddy." He winks as Ethan stands there with his hands balled in a fist. His fist meets Graysons face, and before I knew it they were throwing punches at each other.

I grab Ethan from on top of him and push him away from Grayson. "What the fuck is up with you two!"

I look back at Grayson and a smile is plastered on his face. "Some kind of brother huh?" His head turns towards me and he laughs. "Your gonna wish..you listened to me." He wipes the blood from off his nose and he walks away with security behind him.

"Ethan what the fuck is going on?" His head stays low and I sigh. The security guard comes up to him and grabs his arm leading him to the principals office.

I pick up his books and put them in my bag, he can come get them later I guess.

Me: I have your books. Come by my house after school to get them.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Don't eat my chips." As I walk out I turn around and see my bag of potato chips in Ava's hands. She smiles at me and I give her the finger.

That bitch is always eating my shit.

I close the stall door and as I sit down I hear a group of girls walk in. There was about three or four of them.

"Oh my god. You would not believe...who got in my pants the other day." I roll my eyes knowing it was Rachel speaking.

"Let me guess..Michael? You been on his ass for a while now."

"Um, no. Ethan." My eyes go wide and I start to feel my face heat up.

Please let it be another Ethan. Please.

"Dolan?!"

"Yup. We were supposed to be doing our project but you know that wasn't gonna work out." My eyes swell up with tears as I cover my mouth with my hand, preventing myself from crying.

"You lucky bitch."

"You know he has a girlfriend right?"

"And? It didn't seem like he had a girlfriend when he was fucking me on my kitchen counter. Anyway, I asked him if he loved her and he didn't even answer." I look under the door and see them exit the bathroom.

"Your gonna wish..you listened to me."

Grayson was right. This is what he was talking about. He knew, and didn't tell me.

I open the door and quickly wash my hands. I look myself in the mirror and run my fingers through my hair.

I walk into the lunchroom and grab my stuff, Ava looks at me and her smiles fades away.

"What's wrong?"

"Can we please. Go..please." More tears fall down my face and she quickly gets up. We get outside and see the rain falling.

Great exactly what I need.

I get in the car and put my wet hair up as Ava does the same. I feel her eyes on me but I keep looking straight ahead.

"Just take me home."

I lay on my bed with my wet hair dripping down my shoulders. The rain got heavier by the second. Ava's been calling me but I won't answer, I'll eventually tell her what's going on later but now isn't the time.

My mom enters my room and I glance over at her.

She closes the door behind her and sits on the edge of my bed. "Ethan is outside." I close my eyes and breathe out. "If anything happens I'll be in my room." She rubs my back and exits my room.

I stare at the front door and I begin to feel my tears coming again. I unlock it and the cold air hits my body. He looks up from the ground, his dark wet hair on his face. His clothes drenched in rain.

He starts to step in but I push him back out. "Baby what's-"

"Did you. Finish your project?" He looks at me in confusion.

"What, no. Why?" I stare at him and he does the same. "Val it's fucking cold and raining, let me come in." He tried again but I push him back harder this time. He runs his fingers through his hair and laughs. "What the fuck is up with you!"

"You never said I love you back." A tear falls from my eye as I watch him watch me. He puts his head down again, leaving me with no response. "You never said I love you back. You promised..that you were gonna change."

He slicks his hair back and sighs, "Valarie I-"

"You said you were going to change! I let you take a part of me that I will never get back!" His eyes start to get glossy and I cross my arms over my chest. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

"I didn't know how. Or when. I didn't want to hurt you."

"You cheated Ethan! You cheated on me with Rachel!" He turns his head as her name rolls out of my mouth. "I poured...my heart out to you. I told you how I felt about you, and how much you mean to me. How much I fucking love you! I wanted you for so long Ethan. So long, and I finally got you." The rain gets louder as it hits the ground. "What does she have..that I don't?"

"Nothing Valarie nothing! It was a mistake! S-She came onto me!" He steps closer and I step out of my house.

"But you stayed! You stayed Ethan! You stayed and betrayed me! God I knew! I knew I should've listened to Grayson!"

"Yea go listen to him like everyone else does, because he knows everything and he's right about everything, and he doesn't cheat!"

"You're such a fucking asshole! What the fuck happened to you?" He turns around and I push him. "Huh!" I step out into the rain and he faces me, grabbing my arms.

"You. You happened. I made a mistake. I let her get to me knowing that I wanted you more. I made a mistake going to her house. I made a mistake not telling you right after it happened. I made a fucking mistake." He let's go of my arms and I look at him in pain.

"I made a mistake too." Tears run down my eyes as I feel my body getting weaker. "I never. Want to talk to you again." I wipe my cheeks and run back to my door.

"Valarie!"

I slam the door closed and take a take a deep breath, as I put my hand on my chest trying to breathe.

I should've listened.

-dolansworld1