38

Ethan's POV
Three days later
I walk into the kitchen to see my mom and dad in a conversation, they look up at me and I immediately look away. I grab a water and search through the cabinets for food.

"Ethan we need to talk about this." My mom breaks the silence.

"There's nothing to talk about." I respond.

"Ethan cut the fucking bullshit." My dad speaks up, I turn my head to see Grayson walk in with annoyance plastered all over his face. "Sit down. The both of youse."

I look at him then at my mom who was a minute away from crying her eyes out.

"Sit down now!" Me and Grayson sit apart from each other. Ever since vacation we haven't said a word to each other since. "What the fuck is wrong with you two." He blurts out.

"Is this just you giving us a lecture?" I ask. He slams his hand on the marble counter and points his finger at me.

"Ethan I swear..I swear. Your mother a-"

"There's nothing to be said. Grayson fucked Valarie knowing I was still in love with her. Knowing he had a girlfriend which was her best friend. That's it. Nothing else to be said." Grayson look up at me in disgust and sits up in his chair with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Yea you have a way of showing her that you fucking love her, when you go around treating her like one of your bitches! She fucked me because I showed her the love that she deserved! You fucked around and lost her! So don't blame that shit on me!"

"Ethan-"

"She doesn't love you Grayson." I laugh, "she fucked you because she was trying to get ove-"

"You're out!" My dad shouts, I look at him in shock. "Get your shit and get out! I'm not dealing with it! You wanna go out and fuck who you want go do that! But you're sure as hell not gonna do it in this house!"

"Sean-" her hand covers her mouth as she shuts her eyes, stopping the tears from falling down.

"And where Am I supposed to go?"

"To Rachel's for all I care." He walks out of the kitchen and slams the front door closed.

"You're gonna let him do this?" She doesn't answer and I nod my head.

"I'll be out by eight." Before I head upstairs I walk over to Grayson and pat his back.

"I hope it was worth it."

Vals POV
My door opens letting all the cool air enter my room, I look up to see my mother standing there with a chipotle bag and a bottled water.

"Hey kid." She sits besides me and puts the food on my nightstand.

"How'd you know I wanted chipotle." I mumble, she laughs and rubs my back. "Mom I can't. I'm so sorry." Tears begin to fall from my eyes again.

"Valarie-you're my daughter. Did you embarrass me that night? Yes of course, but you are my daughter. This is what teenagers do they make mistakes. All you can do is learn from them." She tucks my hair behind my ear and smiles. "If anything they're the problem. Don't get me wrong I love the twins but it wasn't entirely your fault Val. They both made stupid choices but now it's time for you to make the right choice."

"How?" I sit up and cross my legs. "I lost everyone mom."

"You know what really happened, and you have to at least try to explain. If they don't listen then they don't listen, the only thing you could do is try to explain yourself." She places a kiss on my cheek and begins to exit my room.

I unlock my phone and stare at Ava's number, I haven't talked to her since we've gotten back or anyone else. I don't know how she feels, or what she's feeling and I don't want to. I'm afraid I'll hate myself more than I already do.

I can't get anything out of my head, there's a million of feelings and thoughts rotating. I feel alone and it's all my fault.

The door opens and in front of me stands Ava in her pajamas, with a water in her other hand. Her face drops when she sees me and I suddenly feel the anger exit her body.

"Hey." She gives me a blank stare and doesn't say anything. "Can we talk Ava. Please."

"I don't have anything to say to you." She moves to close the door but I push it back.

"Ava please."

"All these years we were best friends ..I have never done something like that to you..ever. I stood by you through everything Valarie. So no we can't talk, I'll talk when I'm ready to."  She shuts the door and I feel the wave of chills travel throughout my body.

He closes my car door and I immediately feel the wave of sadness. He was broken, he was hurting all from me. "I hate myself for addressing the situation like that I really do, but I couldn't..I was fucking pissed off and I wanted to hurt you. Even though you were the one who hurt me."

I hesitate to rest my hand on top of his, "Ryan..how did you find out?"

"Well the fucking great boyfriend I am I was looking for you, so I went down to the lobby." He looks down at his feet and then at me. "Why Valarie? Was I not good enough? Did I do something? Did you lose your feelings for me? Why would yo-"

"No! No! No! I don't know!" I cover my eyes and I feel myself starting to choke on my sobs. "I don't know."

"The fact that you can't admit that you still have feelings for Ethan explains a lot." I shake my head in disbelief, not wanting to hear the truth. "Were we ever a real thing?"

"Ryan don't start with that, you know that I love you."

"Do I Valarie! You broke me! I'm hurting! I fell in love with you and you weren't even over your ex! I fell in love with you..and you broke my heart like I was nothing." He was tense, he had anger built up in him and he needs to get it out. "If I never found out would you have told me?"

A silence breaks through the car, along with emotions and anger, tears. He gets out the car and walks towards his house.

I can't breathe, my body is hot, I can't scream. I'm stuck. My hand shuts my mouth closed trying not to lose control. My face is fucking soaked, and I deserve it all. I deserve all the fucking pain that I caused.

I'm fucking empty.

2:42am
I cant sleep, I don't feel the need to eat I just want to cry. Anything I look at I feel the need to fucking cry. I look at myself in the mirror and I don't even know who she is.

My door opens and I jump out of bed to see my mother standing in my doorway with a suitcase. I look at her in confusion, she opens the door wider and I feel my heart drop.

She walks out of my room and shuts the door. "Ethan..what are you doing here?" My voice was shaky.

A small chuckle comes out of his mouth and he sits besides the door. "Got put out." His blank stare towards me sent chills down my body. "I-I have nowhere to go." A tear falls from his eye the same time as mine.

"Ethan-" His loud sobs filled my room, I walk over to him and caress his face. I pull his head into my chest as I wrap my arms around him. His large hands wrap around my waist and I feel my body relax. I wasn't crying, I wasn't angry, I wasn't mad. His touch made everything go away.

He removes his head and pushes me away. "I'll go, it's fine." He grabs his bag beginning to get up but I grab the bag out of his hand.

"Stay."

Sorry for taking forever to update!!!!!!! I honestly have no excuses butttttt I hope you guys liked this chapter! Comment what you think AND what you think is gonna happen nexttt :)