29

Val's POV
"Valarie you're growing your hair out again?" My mom asked, as she grabbed the eggs out of the fridge. I look down to see my dark brown hair reach a little below my chest.

"I guess, I need a new look." I sit on the stool and reach for an Apple. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened between me and Ethan last week.

I could still feel his hands on my body.

"So I was thinking-maybe Ryan can come with us for the summer vacation, if he wants. I know you and Ethan are in a weird spot right now, so for company I was thinking he can come." I drop my Apple on the floor and run to her, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"You're literally amazing." She laughs and continues to mix the pancakes.

"Go get dad, tell him breakfast is almost done." It still feels weird sometimes calling Kyle dad, but he has been like one to me ever since my real one passed. It feels like he was just here, right in his room. Watching his football.

As I'm about to enter the room I hear him talking on the phone. "I know. Look it's not that easy-I can't just up and go. Evelyn I'm gonna tell her. Just give me time."

I swear to fucking god

"I love you too." I hear him get up and I begin to panic. He comes out and stops when he sees me standing there, the anger on his face became more tense.

"I was just about to go tell you that breakfast was almost ready!" I laugh, he stays silent for a second then joins me.

"Good, I'm starving kid." He walks past me and then down the stairs. He definitely thinks I didn't hear that conversation. I follow him down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"I'm gonna have to work a night shift again." He breaks the silence, my mom shuts her eyes and sighs.

"Again? They can't get anyone else to work that shift?" She hands him the plate with eggs and pancakes.

"I'm sorry honey." I grab my keys and phone, I couldn't sit here and listen to him lie to my mother. She's been broken once, and she's finally happy. I can't see her broken again.

"Val where are you going? You barely ate your food." I look back at her and sigh.

I look at him then back at her, "I'll be back later."

Ryan open the door and I jump in his arms, "I missed you too." He lifts my chin up and his smile disappears. "Woah, baby what's wrong?" He wraps his arms back around me and kicks the door closed.

"I-I think Kyle is cheating on my mom." The tears fall from my eyes and he wipes them with his thumb. "I heard him talking on the phone. With some woman, he said that he can't just up and go some shit like that." I wipe the tears from my cheeks and take a deep breath.

"Valarie I'm so sorry, she doesn't deserve this at all." He pulls me into his chest and suddenly I felt calm. My breathing became regular, the warmth from my face slowly drifted away.

"I'll always be here. For the both of you. No matter what." I look into his glossy eyes and I felt my heart start beating rapidly again.

"I-I love you." The words rolled right out of my mouth. His cheeks grew red as I sat there in shock. His hands caressed my cheeks as his lips met mine.

"I love you too." His sweet smile was contagious.

"I actually have something else to tell you." He waits for me to continue and I smile. "Looks like your going on vacation for the summer."

His face lights up and I laugh, "No way! I'm going with you?!" I nod my head and he grabs me in excitement.

This could be it. Ryan could be the one. He could be my future. And I'm looking forward to it.

"So let's go to the mall so you can get some clothes." I grab my keys waiting for him to get up. "What?"

"You just wanna go to the mall." He squints his eyes at me.

I look at him in confusion, "No, no you actually need to get clothes this time." His eyebrows raise and I sigh. "Yea, yea maybe I just wanna go to the mall."

Ethan's POV
My hands begin to sweat in my pockets as I wait for Rachel to open the door. I could barely sleep last night, tossing and turning every minute.

The door opens and she stands there her hands crossed across her chest, as her face carried fear. I invite myself in and she closes the door behind me.

"H-how are you feeling?" I hesitate. She laughs in response, stroking her hair back.

"I'm feeling great!" She said sarcastically. "I didn't sleep at all last night."

"Me either." My eyes stay focused on hers. "Do your parents know?" She looks down, and I sigh in response. "Rachel what are you waiting for? A-are you keeping it?"

"Did you tell your fucking parents?! It's not that simple Ethan, and yes! I am keeping it, I don't care what my parents say. I didn't want this to happen-at all, but it did. I'm not getting an abortion."

A pain in my chest appeared as those words rolled off her lips. I didn't know what to say, or feel, how is my parents gonna take this. What about everything. What about Valarie.

"Rachel. I-I'm not ready to be a father." I stutter in shock.

"You think I am? Ethan I can't-raise a kid by myself. Please." I see the tears roll down her cheeks and i completely break down. I pull her close to my chest, holding her tight.

Valarie is the one I want to be holding. I never realized she was all I ever wanted. It kills me to see her with Ryan, knowing he gets her at the end of the day, if she falls in love with him. I don't know how I would react. She's trying not to love me, while I'm trying not to lose her forever.

Did you like this chapter?

Guys I promise it's gonna get better!! Comment what you think so far!

Also if you'd like ofc, comment ideas that you think I should put into the next chap. Or future chapter ideas!

-dolansworld1