28

Valarie's POV
"Alright everyone quiet down!" Mrs. Grand our history teacher yelled. I put down my pen and give all my attention to her. "As you all know graduation and prom is coming up very soon. So I'm expecting everyone to be on their best behavior, or you will..be excluded from prom. Okay?" She looks around the classroom and continues, "okay, you are dismissed."

Before I can get my books in my bag Grayson comes up to me. "Hey Val." I put my books in my bag and push my chair in.

"What's up?" I respond walking out of the classroom.

"Do you know where we're supposed to be going for vacation this summer? My parents won't tell me." We turn the hall and my eyes immediately lock with Ethan's.

I look away and proceed to open my locker. "Gray how am I supposed to know? If your parents won't tell you mine definitely won't tell me." He groans and continues to walk down the hall.

"Your avoiding me?" Ethan whispers, I look at him and shake my head. "Use your words Val."

"Ethan what do you want me to say?" His eyes wander to my lips and mine do the same. I feel our bodies getting close and my heart starts racing. I step back and bite my bottom lip.

"Valarie come on." He sighs.

"What? You want me to kiss you and then we can go in the bathroom and fuck so after we can act like nothing happened? No Ethan." I look over his shoulder and see Rachel walk out the bathroom, her cheeks looked rosy and her eyes were tired. She looks at me in annoyance before walking into the lunchroom. "Your girlfriend is waiting for you." I look back at him waiting for him to respond.

I feel arms wrap around my waist, and smell the scent of mint. "Everything okay?" Ryan questions, as his lips meet my neck. Ethan's eyes don't leave mine as we all stand there in silence. He nods his head and begins to walk away. "What was that all about?" Ryan turns me around.

I give him a small smile and a kiss on the cheek, "stupid family vacation thing, but you know what's coming up soon?" He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and a smile appears on his face.

"So who you going with?" He jokes.

"Oh to prom? Mm, I don't know hopefully somebody wants to go with me." I play along, he shrugs his shoulders as I do the same.

Ethan was originally supposed to be my prom date but things took a wrong turn.

Ryan's lips connect with mine and he pulls me into a hug. "I'll see you later." He gave me this feeling that I never felt, not even with Ethan. Ryan was nice, he cared, he has feelings, and he shows it. He shows it all, and I fall for him more and more everyday.

And it scares me. It scares me to love someone else while I'm still in love with the person who hurt me.

Ethan's POV
I walk into the lunchroom the smell of sweat and spoiled eggs hits my face. As I'm about to walk over to my table I feel someone pull my arm. I turn around and see Rachel, her face was covered in fear, she looked sick.

"Can we talk?" I nod my head as she drags me in the hall. She strokes her hair back and her eyes become glossy.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" She sighs and stares at the floor for a while. "Rachel."

"I'm pregnant." I feel my body go numb as those words roll off her tongue. "It had to be when we fucked in the kitchen." I didn't believe it, I don't want to believe it.

"No-you're not pregnant." My voice was low, and my breathing was heavy.

"Ethan I'm fucking pregnant!" She looks around and then back at me. "Ethan I took the test-it was positive."