27

Ethan's POV
I zip up my jeans and quickly throw on my tank. I look at Rachel as she rolls over with her blanket wrapped around her bare naked body. Her long hair covered her face as her arm dug under her pillow.

I start the car and the thought of Valarie comes to my mind. I can't stop thinking about her. She won't talk to me, along with Grayson. They're the only ones I have.
-
I walk into the bar and the bartender immediately confronts me, "And what would you like?" I stare into her dark brow  eyes and smile.

"Give me the strongest shit you have." Her eyebrows rise as she takes in what I say.

"Shitty life huh? Shot is coming right up." She walks away fixing me up a drink, I look around and it was quite packed. Filled with a mixture of old and young people.

I don't know what I'm doing but at this point, I don't care.

"Here's your shot handsome." She slides the small glass across the table and waits for me to sip it.  Her hair was long and a dark red, it matched her look. Eyeliner around her eyes, her lips were a bubble gum pink, and her tight clothes fit perfectly around her curvy body.

I smirk before sipping the dark brown liquor, and she returns one back. "Strong enough?" I lick my lips and finish the shot.

I throw a ten dollar bill on the counter and she looks at me in confusion, "one for me-and one for you." Her eyes look me up and down in hunger. "Ethan."

She smiles and shakes her head, "Amber, and our shot will be coming right up." Amber looked too young to be working in a bar, maybe even my age.

She sits next to me handing me another shot. "Let me guess. Eighteen, gets every other girl except the one you really want, and fucks anything that has a hole."

"How'd you-"

"They come in all the time. I'm used to it."

"Oh yea?"

Val's POV
"Ok I need a new bathing suit cause my bottoms literally won't go above my ass. You know I can't believe we're still going on this fucking summer vacation, it's going to be so awkward me and Ethan-" I look at my phone and I feel my heart drop.

"Speaking of the devil." Ava hands me my phone and I stare at it in curiosity. I put the phone up to my ear and I hear Ethan laughing.

"Wait which bar?"

"Shit. Okay, okay I'm on my way right now."

I grab my keys and Ava follows behind me. "Sorry Ava, Ethan's drunk and he's with some bartender girl-I just need to go get him."

"V-He cheated." I look back at her and she steps back.

"Ava I've known you my entire life, and if I ever stopped talking to you and you were in danger. My ass would be on the way to help you. Ethan's an asshole, and a jerk yea I know. But I have to help him."

"Ryan loves you V. He has a sweet heart-"

"Ava don't you think I know that! I know he loves me! And I'm trying-I'm trying to move on." I look at her face that carried disappointment. "I'm doing my best."
-
I pull up to the bar and run inside. "Amber?" The dark red headed girl turns around and a smile comes to her face.

"I'm so sorry he wouldn't stop talking about you, and he told me if he got too drunk to call Valarie." I look at him as his head lays on his arm.

"Thank you, Amber. You can go now, I've got it." His head shoots up and his eyes lock with mine. "Come on bud." I grab his arm and swing it over my shoulders, as his other one hangs by his side. The alcohol from his breath hits my face as he leans his head onto mine.

"Look who it is!" He yells, I drag him out the door and reach into my pocket for my car keys. "You know. I missed you. I mean, I know I fucked up bad but I fucking miss you." I sit him down and he laughs. "Ah your still mad!"

"Ethan please be quiet, it's late and I'm tired." I turn the corner driving into traffic. I sigh as I run my fingers through my tangled hair.

"I remember when we were little-We we're at the park..and Grayson pushed you off the swing." I look out the window and laugh trying to avoid him. "Then when we went back to my house my mom sent him to his room-and we both got ice cream..I always got vanilla with rainbow sprinkles because you did-and-I hated it." I look over at him and smile.

"You loved it." I laugh.

"I love you." My smile fades away and my eyes stare into the head of cars. "See I can fuck any girl and it won't mean anything. But you..fucking you is more than just fucking y-"

"Ethan-"

"No! Let me finish!" I take a deep breath as he continues. "Sometimes i fuck you because I get horny, but other than that I do it to show you how much I love you. We should start that agai-"

"Shut up Ethan! Just shut the fuck up! You fucked me because I'm just like every other stupid girl that let you fuck! And I hate myself for letting you get to me like that! And I hate..I hate that I can't stop loving you." Nothing but silence fills the car, I look at him and his eyes carry sadness.

Why did I have to like him? Out of all people. Him.
-
I sit him down on the edge of his bed as I kick the door shut behind me. "Arms up." I whisper, trying to take his sweaty shirt off.

"Why are y-" I cover his mouth preventing him from getting in trouble.

"Ethan if your dad finds out you're drunk, you're dead. Literally. So Sh!" He kicks his sneakers off along with his socks.

"Do you need anything?" He shakes his head in response. Before I turn around his hand wraps around my wrist. "Ethan-"

"Stay. Please." I step out of my slippers as he lays on his stomach. I lay next to him, our heads facing each other.

A tear runs down my cheek and he wipes it away with his thumb. "I cry when I'm hungry." I laugh and more tears come out.

"Me too E, me too."

Ahhhh what did you guys think about this chapter?

Do you think Val should've stayed or went back home?

-dolansworld1