24

Ethan's POV
"I never want to talk to you again." Those words were the only thing that kept rewinding in my head. I know how I felt about her and I still went and fucked it up. I always do. Maybe what Grayson was saying was right.

"Are you kidding me! Where the hell were you?!" My mom closes the door behind me and I stare my dad in his eyes as his arms are crossed over his chest.

"I had to go over Valarie's hou-"

"And why did her mom call me saying she doesn't want you associating with her daughter anymore.You guys were friends with since birth!" I know she told her mom to call to say that because she knows if she would've told me I wouldn't have listened. "Ethan!"

"Because I fucked up mom that's why!"

"Watch it.." my dad points his finger at me and steps closer. "Now tell me why we got a call that you and Grayson got into a physical fight." I laugh and throw my keys on the couch.

"How about you ask perfect Grayson, huh. He's the reason why this whole mess started, and you know what..I lost her. I lost her." I'm about to head into my room until I see Grayson sitting on his bed holding a bag of ice on his cheek.

He looks up at me as I sit down next to him. "What do you want?" He mumbles.

An awkward silence fills the room and I finally open my mouth. "I was gonna tell her. I know you don't believe me, but I was." He keeps his eyes on the floor not making any eye contact with me. "Gray your my bestfriend. I'm sorry man." He finally looks up at me and a small small appears on his face. He removes the ice and stares at it.

"If I get a scar I'm gonna kill you." We both laugh and he rests it back on. "What did she say?"

"That She never wants to speak to me again." He run his finger through his hair and sighs.

"Ethan, I know you."

"And?"

"And, I've never seen you look someone in the eyes like you do to Valarie." I fidget with my fingers not responding back. "Look I'm not gonna be all in your business anymore but that's Valarie. The girl we've known for our entire life. You really wanna lose her?"

I'm about to knock on the door again but her mom opens it. Her face full of disappointment. "Ethan." She sighs.

"Hi. I-is Valarie home?" She crosses her arms, not responding. "Please. I know you don't want to see me right now, nor does she but, please." Her arms unfold and she opens the door wider for me to step in.

"She's in her room." The door closes behind me and I head upstairs. I stare at her door before knocking thinking what her reaction would be.

My fist hits the door and a silence fills the area, "come in!" She yells out, she sounded happy. I open the door to see her putting clothes in her closet. "Hey m-" the hangers drop out of her hand and she looks at me in disgust.

"Val-"

"Why are you here?" She looks me up and down.

"We need to talk."

"We talked already. I told you what I had to say. Now go." She picks up her hangers and throws them on her bed, sitting on the edge with her head hung low.

"She asked me if I loved you." Her head shoots up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Ethan I don't want to talk about this no more. Please go." Her voice was low.

"And I didn't answer. I didn't answer because I'm an asshole. An asshole that's in love with an amazing, beautiful, talented girl." A tear falls from her eye as she stands up, walking closer to me. "Valarie. I love you, and I don't want anyone else. I just want you." I cup her cheeks, wiping away her tears.