35

Ethans POV
1week after graduation
Me and Valerie haven't talked since graduation, it was a simple hi and a hug. After that she couldn't even look me in the eyes, nothings been the same since prom night. Today we're all leaving for vacation, our parents still won't tell us where we're going.

Cameron looks back at me in excitement. "How does it feel to officially be an adult?" I shrug my shoulders and Grayson scoffs.

"Feels fucking amazing." My dad turns around and looks Grayson in the eyes. "Cmon dad. Im an adult now!"

"This is gonna be a fun trip." He mumbles and me and Cameron laugh in response.

"Mom can you tell us where we're going now." I say in annoyance. She groans as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"Since you can't be fucking patient. We're going to..drumroll..California!" My eyes go wide along with the rest. "Why don't you guys seem excited?"

"No, no just shocked." I responded. Valarie always wanted to go to California, she'll be happy. Hopefully Ryan gets a room with her instead of me.

I already want to go back home, I have a bad feeling about this trip.

We get to the hotel and the door opens, Ava walks in with Valerie, her mom and Ryan. Valarie smiled as she saw my parents and siblings. Her head turned towards me and she slightly nods her head.

"Okay so rooms! Three rooms of three. Here's your keys, tomorrow we're having breakfast early so get rest." My mom hands me the keys and then walks out of the room along with my dad and Vals mom.

"Alright so girls in one and boys in the other. Finished." Cameron holds out her hand for the keys and I look at Ryan, he looks at me then back at my sister. "Hello?"

"What if Ryan wants to stay with his girlfriend." I look at Valarie and she rolls her eyes.

"If they all want to be together it's fine. I mean..unless we have a problem?" He me looks up and down and a smirk appeared onto my face.

"Not unless you want one." I respond back. Valarie grabs his arm and pulls him back.

"E, chill." Both Grayson and Cameron say. "I'll share the room with you too, I really don't care."Cameron says.

"Problem solved." I smile. Valarie opens the door and storms out of the room. As the door closes Grayson looks down at me as I sat onto the bed with my hands behind my head. "Gray why are you looking at me like I spit in your face?" I look besides him and Cameron has the same look plastered in her face. "Oh what is happening here?" I laugh.

"You're a fucking dick Ethan. You better not start shit, our parents and Valaries mom did this vacation for us. So don't go and ruin it because your jealous of her boyfriend."

Another laugh escapes my mouth, "I could care less about her witty boyfriend brother." As I begin to rise off of the bed Cameron places her hand on my chest, pushing me back down.

"Don't do this Ethan. I know you. Don't do it." I push her hand off of me and walk towards the door. "Let her be happy Ethan. We all know she still loves you, but just let her be happy."

If she's happy then I guess I'm selfish. I want her to be happy with me, and I want to go to sleep next to her and wake up with her arms wrapped around me. I want her lips on mine and no one else's, along with her touch, her moans. I want them to be all for me, and only me. So call me fucking selfish, because that's exactly what I am.

"Ethan if you ruin this trip I promise you-I will make sure she never comes back to you." I let go of the doorknob and turn to face him.

"Why the fuck are you so protective over her Grayson!"

"We have known her since birth Ethan! How can I not be protective over her! She deserves so much better and you treat her like fucking shit, and I have to see her walk around with a broken fucking heart because of you. So sorry if I treat her with respect, or how a real friend is supposed to. It's better than what you're doing." I look at him with no emotion, but I felt every word that he just said to me. He slams the door closed and Cameron sighs.

"Get your shit together Ethan. Or you're gonna lose everyone."

Vals POV
"Get your shit together Ethan. Or you're gonna lose everyone."

A tear falls from my eye and I quickly wipe it away. I walk down the hall to my room and I quietly close the door. I sit on my bed and rub my eyes.

"You okay love?" I look up and see Ryan standing in front of me with just a towel around his waist. I stare at him then the empty bed behind him.

"Where's Ava?" I ask.

"She went to meet Grayson somewhere. Why? Is everything ok-" I grab his arms and attach my lips onto his. I take off my shirt and throw it across the room, "Woah, wait. Is everything okay?"

No but I'm trying not think about what I think is bothering me, because I'm fucking scared.

I smile, "Everything is fine." I kiss his neck and his little groans travel through my ear. I look back at him and my eyes go wide.

Grayson?

I get off from on top of him and tie my hair up. "Val what the hell? Are you okay?"

If you call okay me seeing Grayson when I'm kissing you then yea.

"Yea. I just, I got a wave of nausea just now. Sorry." He sits besides me and holds me in his arms. This always works for me, but I feel nothing now.

Ethan was right. I did date Ryan to try and get Over him but it didn't work out so well. In this little bit of time I fell in love with Ryan and everything he does but it's not strong enough. And I fucking hate it. I want our love to be enough, I want him to be the one, I want my love for him to be deep but it isn't, and it fucking hurts. I'm going to break his heart and I can't even give him a heads up.

This isn't supposed to happen. It's supposed to be me and Ethan. Not me and Grayson, or me and Ryan or anyone. Just me and Ethan. But Ethan fucked up, over and over again. I just want to let go.

Guys ok ik, I'm sorry how I skipped the whole graduation n all but I was literally stuck. I didn't know what to write abt, or what would happen so I apologize. I also read my book over and its very confusing so I also apologize for the confusion. If you have any questions feel free to message me or comment! At the time I thought it made sense but now that I'm reading it I'm like wtf is this lol. So sorry.

I hope you guys liked this chapter!!!!