33

Val's POV
Day of prom
8 a.m.
My mom wipes the tear that falls down my cheek as she strokes my hair back. So many thoughts ran through my head since I spent the day with Ethan yesterday. It's like he wants me but at the same time he keeps pushing me away, I'm so tired of being pushed away.

Sooner or later Ryan's gonna find out the truth, and he's going to be hurt. He gonna be hurt when he finds out I'm still in love with the kid I knew since birth. I have love for Ryan he loves me how I always wanted to be loved, and he cares for me. When I'm around him I feel calm and feel like there isn't a problem in the world.

Ethan is more of a drug I crave him everyday, his touch, his soft lips against my neck, the wait he fits against me, inside of me. The way his hazel eyes always shined when he looked at me, and how his big arms fitted against my body when he would give me hugs. Without him I feel so lost and empty, I can't get rid of the feeling.

"How do you know when your in love with someone?" I rise off of my moms lap and she shoots me a smile. I still saw the hurt in her eyes but here she was, trying to help me feel better.

"When being apart feels like half of yourself is missing. When thinking of them before you go to sleep makes you smile. When it's impossible to see yourself without them. When you see yourself having a big family and having family nights when you get older. Baby it's the best feeling in the world." I look at her and feel my eyes beginning to water again.

"I love him mom. I love Ethan." My voice cracks. She nods her head as she grabs my hands and holds them.

"I know Val. Now all you can do is wait-wait for him to come back to you, or let him go. You can't wait for someone who's not coming back forever."

"I don't think I know how to let him go."

5 p.m.
My door opens and stands there Ava with her Sephora bag. I smile and she rolls her eyes. "See I'm mad at you, but I can't get ready on prom day without you." She laughs and I run up to her wrapping my arms around her neck.

"I can't believe it's finally here." I say as I curl a piece of my hair. It felt so weird knowing I'm going with Ryan and not the twins. We always said that the three of us plus Ava were gonna go as one.

"Is Ryan driving over here?" I nod my head in response. "So are we all still coming to your house after it's over?"

"Fuck. I forgot all about that, it's gonna be so weird with Ethan here."

"Then don't make it weird." She gives me a sarcastic smile and I roll my eyes in response.

How can I not make it awkward when the two boys I love are gonna be at my house at the same fucking time.

"Who knows maybe y'all will have a threesome." My eyes go wide and I smack her arm immediately.

"Ava-why." I groan and she continues to laugh it off. "Disgusting."

"Mhm."
-
I slip on my heels and grab my phone, as I'm about to exit my bedroom I see my mom standing at my door. I give her a warm smile as she begins to walk towards me.

"You look so beautiful Valarie." She grabs both of my hands, "Your father-he would've forced you to go with Ava instead of Ryan but I'll be nice." She laughs, my eyes begin to water as she brings him up. Moments like this is when I needed him here.

At the corner of my eye I see Ryan walk in with Grayson along with Ava. All of their eyes light up when they set on me. My mom turns back to me and places a kiss on my cheek, "Have the best time." She whispers.

"I love you." I respond back, Ryan waits besides me and I wrap my arm around his. I look at Grayson and Ava who were about to suck each other's faces off already and they shoot me a smile.