Chapter 44: The Heart Wrenching Decision

A.N..

Another sad Chapter.. 😔

But enjoy, and tell me how you think..

Hinata's P.O.V

I sat patiently beside Naruto's cell, my eyes hooded from the need of sleep.

I groaned and closed and opened my eyes several times, my head tilting and my mind slowly fading into nothing..

My body, was beyond exhausted.

After all, everyone's stayed at the police station all day..

I'm pretty sure it's nighttime now.

But suddenly, a soft, familiar groan came up loudly beside me making me snap my eyes open, the sound breaking my inner thoughts.

I turned my head quickly to the sound and saw Naruto finally waking up, his hand coming up to clutch one of the bars beside my head tightly.

"Fuck." He groaned out and opened his eyes fully, his blurry eyes turning to stare into mines which widened.

He squinted his blue orbs at me and tilted his head in confusion "Hinata? Is that you?" He asked groggily making me whimper.

I nodded and turned slowly, my back and throat very sore at the moment making me hum in pain but, I smiled brightly at him, anyway...

"Yes, Naruto. It's me." I said softly making him smile, his blonde hair covering both of his eyes.

He nodded but groaned again, his hand coming up to cluch his aching forehead "I don't, know what got a hold of me back there Hinata. But what I did and said, I didn't mean. You, have to get me out of here. I'll go insane without you, babe." He whimpered out, one of his hands coming out to cup my cheek through the bars which I gladly accepted.

I leaned into his touch and smiled, his words saddening me...

"I know, Naruto. But.. My hands, are tied. I really wish, things could've been different. I-I just, c-c-can't." I sobbed out as tears started to fall rapidly down my face, my eyes soon closing.

He stared at me in disbelief, his chest heaving greatly while his own eyes watered a bit "Wh-What?" He whispered out and looked away, his eyes narrowing.

He sat in silent and listened to my cries, his hand still propped on my face, his thumb occasionally making an effort to rub my tears away...

After a couple of seconds he let out a long, deep profound sigh, his lips turning down into a frown..

"I'm sorry, Hinata."

He whispered out suddenly making me look up at him, wide eyed.

"F-For what?" I asked, confused making his eyes sadden, his blonde bangs covering them well..

His tanned hand removed itself from my cheek and joined the other one on the bars by my head again, the bars the only thing separating us from each other.

"I'm sorry, for entering into your life. I'm sorry, for, doing this, to you..." He started off and eyed my stomach with dejected eyes but soon shook it off continuing his heartfelt apology...

Slowly.. breaking my heart..

"I'm sorry, for even meeting you. Your life could've been so much more. You could've went to college, made more friends, met another guy that could've make your life worth living. That guy could've gave you something that I couldn't..." He trailed off once again, his eyes now turning to my tear filled ones.