Shopping Date

Some more time at Ravenwolf passed by and before I knew it... that day had arrived.

I was meeting Nathan at a specific designer store. One of the driver's escorted me to the location. I would have definitely have gotten lost in the mall otherwise considering I had never been to this one before.

When I was dropped off I looked around at the overall polished and posh-looking décor. Being on this 'side' of the mall was definitely different than any other areas. I could taste the expensiveness in the air as though it was palatable.

I looked at my phone and didn't see any messages from Nathan.

Before I asked him where he was I felt a light tap on my shoulder. When I turned around I saw Kai towering over me. I thought I was seeing an illusion. So I looked away. He tapped my shoulder again and I turned around seeing his face again.

"I... wasn't expecting you... where's Nathan?" he exhaled, almost defeated.

"We were here together for a late lunch meeting with some clients and he conveniently had a last-minute international call to take so he had to leave."

"He was supposed to help me find... don't tell me he asked..."

"It means exactly what you're thinking... although I'm not exactly thrilled to help you find an outfit, I was told to come here... and this is what's happening right now."

"Right... then we can re-schedule. Thanks for the trouble," I pivoted the opposite way and he grabbed hold of the back of my shirt.

"No can do. The event is upcoming soon and no one will be able to take off any more leisure time to help you."

"Couldn't I just find something on my own?" he stared at me, looking up and down. Seeing my casual taste for clothing and shook his head.

"Absolutely not."

I glared at him. Did I have zero fashion sense according to the rich? I wondered what the people around me thought as they were passing by. Maybe that I was lost?

"Let's hurry up and get this over with," he grabbed hold of my arm and bought me towards the Burberry in front of us. I tried shaking his hand away.

"If it's already too much trouble!--"I tried halting him from bringing me across the store line. He stopped after I swatted his hand a few times.

"Look...I understand how you feel. But right now is not the time to be stubborn," I really didn't care at this point. "I don't want to be here anymore than you do but for now... we have to start and finish this together, alright?"

I didn't want to think that Nathan planned this again... I didn't want to think that he would put us in this awkward situation together... for us both to find more common ground, but under these circumstances it was like asking oil and water to marry together or a bird to get along with a cat... it was just causing more friction rather than union...

"Fine," I looked up at him and we both exchanged fiery glances at one another. "I won't wear anything I don't approve of."

"Trust me. Anything I pick will be an improvement from your current wardrobe," he walked forward confidently and I balled my hands in a fist and bit my lower lip. I would pay him back for belittling my fashion sense this whole time...

When I entered the store, Kai had already introduced himself (and possibly his shiny black card). When he told them what they were looking for, I was brought forward by a few women working there. They were asking me about my size, the kind of fit I wanted, and the colours I liked. My head spun in circles as they took out multiple pieces.

It felt like a mini fashion show for one person: Kai.

I came in and out with dress suits, dresses, and a fancy jumpsuit. He kept shaking his head. I felt like a little Barbie doll. Eventually, there was something he was impressed by so he told them to wrap that one up. Incidentally, it was also something I thought was pretty...

When I thought we were done, he told me they were going to a few more places, par Nathan's request, to have a few more options outside of the small wardrobe that Nathan had gotten for me for my work at Ravenwolf.

We went into a few other luxury stores and I nearly choked because of the price tags for some of the items. A single clutch was over $1500. I couldn't imagine wasting shy of a month's check on one single bag. But Kai effortlessly swiped his card through every single purchase made.

It started making me feel uncomfortable. When I told him I wanted to stop he said that they needed to go to one more store. Filled to the brim with bags in my hand I went into the final location. We put the bags down and immediately the same process happened...

I tried on a few more outfits and then went out to show him.

Eventually, I became so tired that I was yawning non-stop. One of the women working there gave me a cup of coffee. I was incredibly grateful.

The last item was a gorgeous dress. It was a little bit glamorous. I didn't think it would suit me at all but when I put it on... it felt as though it was made for me. The fit was perfect. It touched every curve, every part of my body... to the point where it felt like I was truly experiencing 'the perfect fit' moment.

I didn't care what Kai would think but this dress out of all the things I tried on today was a dream...

When I came out onto the mini runway, Kai looked up from his phone and when he saw me he stared at me a little closer. His eyebrow raised and he nodded.

"The dress is beautiful," I nodded at his approval; thinking about how much I liked wearing this.

For once during our store hopping it felt like this was the most precious moment...

"We'll take it," he said effortlessly while turning back to his phone. While I was walking away, I couldn't help but look behind me briefly... I didn't think it was the case, but I could swear he was gazing over at me...

When he was paying at the counter some of the staff was giggling and motioning towards us.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, just after Kai put his credit card back in his bag. The lady behind the counter smiled and said: "you two make a sweet couple."