'Perfect Match'

Kai was silent on the way back to the mansion.

I didn't feel like we had to exchange any more words to each other. But still... I was worried about Luca. 

"Do you think I should have insisted that we take him to the hospital?"

"He'll be fine. It won't scar," I shrugged at his answer. That was pretty cold of him... but still, I get that they didn't get along...

When we arrived back at the mansion Kenz was there with Edna waiting for me to get back. Kenz excitedly told me about her friend's Halloween party. She wanted me to paint her face. So I agreed to do her 'makeup.' When she was happy with my answer she left to walk Apollo. I then went with Edna to the kitchen to eat something for dinner.

"How did the photo shoot go?"

"Umm..." I didn't want to lie to Edna, but I didn't want her to worry about me. "It went well..." I also wanted to use this opportunity to clarify a few things... 

"So... how long has the Ravenwolf family known Natalie for?"

"Oh, that young Miss?" I nodded and Edna then continued.

"Their families have always been acquainted since Natalie's father is an entrepreneur. But I know she has been modelling for a long time. She didn't want to pursue ballet like her mother... but she's quite incredibly accomplished. She speaks several languages, plays the violin, piano and harp. She also volunteers overseas from time to time with the Red Cross to help with disaster relief..."

I was genuinely shocked. Her personality seemed completely twisted. But underneath it all she was a decent human being? Rather, a privileged heiress who knew how exactly to 'appear,' in front of who for her own benefit?

I wouldn't have passed judgement on her if it weren't for my experiences. She was just really too much... maybe part of who she was truly was a facade... but the rest? I didn't care to know.

"Everyone here knows her well but as for Kai... it seems she's a little more attached to him."

I don't know what kind of expression I was making but Edna quickly added, "but he's not in love with her."

"Huh?" I replied. Edna smiled at me and patted the top of my hand.

"Wait... don't misunderstand," I chuckled and then added: "I'm not in love with him. His love life is also none of my concern."

Even though I told Edna this I still felt something unsettling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know what it was...

After eating with Edna I excused myself. I sat in the meditation room thinking a little bit more on the gut reaction I had earlier with Edna. It was a strange feeling.

I didn't like the idea of him being with Natalie? But that could be just be because she seems like a terror. No, she was a terror. 

But that was all? I mean, they did match each other well.

Both were 'attractive' right? They both had money and successful careers... thinking about them standing next to each other... no one could deny they were a 'perfect match.'

I decided to change venues.

I went to do some boxing. I could only imagine Natalie's face with each right and left hook. No matter what I did, I couldn't forget about what she said to me at the site. It cut deep. I wanted to forget it but because she truly meant it... so it was harder to distract myself.

"Hey!" I must have been in a trance. What time was it? When I turned around Jackson was there. He had a water bottle prepared for me. "Let's take a seat," he smiled.

"We've been seeing each other a lot lately," I took the water bottle and we both sat on one of the benches nearby.

"Nathan told me what happened. I think I understand the situation," I took a few large gulps of water and then exhaled.

"What about Luca?" Jackson remained silent for a bit before saying, "they used to be best friends"

"I thought as much..."

"Back when... the accident happened... Luca was the one pushy about getting Kai to come to his parents beach house to party. Kai still blames himself for letting Luca convince him to have a split second of fun which ended up ruining the 'rest of his life.'"

"That's... really terrible..." I couldn't believe how awful the situation was for this family, but for Kai... it seemed intense. There was a heaviness in what he believed was his 'responsibility' for what happened that night. I could understand the feeling all too well.

"That's just how serious he is," I nodded while taking another sip of water.

"I'm thinking of travelling to Thailand next weekend."

I stared at him. With his injury... was he serious? I could never tell. He suddenly laughed and I smacked his arm lightly.

"I think it's still worth sticking around here for a while longer."