Ravenwolf's Rose

In the morning I woke up in Kai's arms.

I smiled to myself... thinking about how close we were to each other.

Last night had been something close to magical.... 

The two of us were finally together... tenderly holding, touching, and tasting an intoxicating sweetness between each other... 

Making love with someone you loved so much felt so overwhelmingly good.

Kai's eyes fluttered open next to mine. I had been staring at him for a few minutes... he reached out to graze his fingertips across my lips... he then pulled me closer to him and we hugged again...

I never wanted this moment to end...

***

An hour later we had to get ready for the rest of the day... 

When I did go back to my room after Kai left for work there was something full in my heart... it felt like my entire happiness could no longer be contained...

A few more weeks passed and I spent my nights in Kai's room. When he insisted we move into one of the larger suites together I hesitated... I wasn't sure if this lovely heart-shaped glasses situation would last... there was the matter of my time residing here at Ravenwolf coming to a close...

*

And soon, the mood shifted greatly. 

We all found ourselves grieving Henry once again when the anniversary of the day he passed arrived. Jackson had come home and everyone spent time together to remember and celebrate his life. Cassandra even showed up and afterwards spent some time with Kenz.

"How are you?" Nathan had asked me. He found me sitting on the veranda after the small ceremony we had for Henry. Nathan sat next to me while I smiled out, looking out at the sun setting...

"Have you told them yet?" he asked and I shook my head.

"But I think now is best time, right?" Nathan nodded and I sighed... a few more tears had trickled down my face. Nathan passed me his handkerchief and I smiled...

I walked over to Henry's study to grab the USB's he had prepared for his grand-kids... and then brought them over to the lounge where the family was gathered. I explained to them that there was a time and place I was told I could give these to them...

"Henry said... that when I thought you were ready to see this... I could give them to you all...I think the time is now..." they all stepped forward and I handed them the ones that corresponded with the names stuck on the little device.

"You can watch them on your own time..." shortly after I had given them to everyone we all went our separate ways. I kissed Kai lightly on the lips before he went to another study in the mansion to look at the USB...

About an hour later he found me in the greenhouse. I had been tending to some of the plants when he leaned in to hug me. I didn't ask any of them what kinds of messages Henry left behind... but I'm sure it was receiving one of the most cherished gifts in the world...

"Do you believe in fate?" Kai and I were laying beside one another in his room when he asked me and I nodded while turning to him. I was resting my head on his chest.

"How can I not?" I felt Kai's hand rub my back gently.

"Me too..." the two of us laid quietly beside one another...

"I love you..." Kai said after some time.

"I love you, too..." I snuggled close to him before falling asleep...