Courage To Love

I didn't hesitate to go and see if Luca was alright.

I called 911 immediately on my phone while I tried opening the doors but they were locked... the windows were also so darkly tinted so I couldn't see inside.

An ambulance arrived with a firefighting crew so eventually I was pushed aside. I watched in horror as the door was opened by force.

I put my phone away in my bag as soon as I saw a hand drop out from the car. I shivered in place and then I closed my eyes briefly before I saw them put a neck brace on Luca. He had been sitting in the front seat next to his driver and was now unconscious.

I tried stepping forward but a police officer stopped me.

"I... I know him..." she looked at me and then the scene a few times. She let me go to Luca's side when he was in the ambulance. When I went inside I dropped my bag. I tried to reach back down for it but it was too late because the doors had closed. Luca had a few bruises appearing on his chest. Luckily they were only from his seat belt...

"Is he going to be alright?" they all got to work accessing his condition and I sat back. When I tried to grab my bag for my phone I realized it was gone... I would just call the company when I got to the hospital...

While I waited for any news about Luca, I tried calling Ravenwolf Co. at the front desk a few times but I couldn't get through. When I did the secretary told me that Kai and Nathan had left and I wondered where they went... I told her to let them know I had to take a small detour and that I lost my bag. She agreed to pass on the message.

One of the Doctor's came to greet me and told me that Luca and the driver would be fine. He was given a room to recover in. They would do some x-ray's and an MRI as precautions. But he separated his shoulder, had some superficial bruising, and a gash on his jawline... I cringed... I could only imagine how much he was going to freak out when he woke up and saw that his face was hurt.

"Can I see him?" The Doctor nodded.

"But we need you to complete some paperwork first."

"Oh, but I'm not next of kin..."

"Well, someone needs to fill it out..."

I nodded while looking over my shoulder a little...

*

KAI'S POV

When Nathan told me he was speaking to a police officer at the scene of an accident my entire mind went blank.

"Whose phone are they calling from..." I asked and Nathan told me it was Hazel's. I gripped the edge of my desk anxiously and then started running forward.

"Hold on, Kai! I haven't heard anything other than-- wait! Which hospital is she at?" Nathan then followed after me since I was racing towards the elevator. I kept pressing the buttons but of course I knew it wouldn't make the elevator come any sooner.

"It's alright..." Nathan touched the top of my shoulder and I closed my eyes...

Not again...

Not another accident...

Hazel...

Are you hurt?

What was I going to do without you?

I kicked the elevator door and it opened. I pressed the ground floor button and we were only about half way down when it stopped and a few people came on. The elevator kept halting to a stop so the next chance I got I flew out of the elevator so that I could use the stairs instead. Nathan followed after me...