When Two Hearts Finally Meet

After that sentence left my lips I didn't dare to look up at Kai to see his expression...

Instead, I just walked past him assuming that he would let me pass by him... but he reached out and grabbed a hold of my hand...

So I stood quietly in place with my hand extended while he held onto my fingers gently... 

My heart started pounding again and I looked up at the dark sky which was filled with bright stars and falling snowflakes...

"I...I'm in love with you, too..."

Was this a dream?

Did he just tell me that he was in love with me?

I turned around... and I saw that he was looking straight into my eyes...

"Kai..."

"At first, I avoided my feelings for you because I thought it would be the most rational... we were so close to each other and I thought that it was because of our environment or because I preferred to have you in my life as a friend because anything else didn't guarantee a future between us..."

"So..."

"So... I want to find more reasons why we should be together each and every day..."

My entire body felt like it was floating... I couldn't help but pull myself closer to him...

When I did I embraced him in a hug. He held me even closer to his body. It felt like the weights we were carrying in our hearts had lifted.

"Then... we can find those reasons together..." 

His hands wrapped around my waist tightly and I sighed... a few more tears escaped my eyes...

"How long have you...?" I asked and he sighed...

"I don't know... probably a long time..." I held him closer to my body and smiled.

"Do you regret the kiss we shared?"

"Of course not."

"Then..." I looked up at him and closed my eyes... he leaned in to kiss my lips again... this time it was short, but sweet. He placed his hands gently on the sides of my cheek. When I opened my eyes he was smiling.

We stood close to each other for quite some time... it felt like we were the only two people in the world together right now...

*

"We should head back..." we both shivered together.

"That's probably a good idea..." I said and we turned to walk side by side... this time, we were holding hands. We quietly walked beside one another for quite a while.

"I'm sorry Hazel... for not being honest with myself and with you... I'm sorry since the beginning and even now... for what I put you through..."

"You know... I wouldn't have thought we could be together like this... but after all this time, I'm just grateful we can walk together like this..." I watched Kai nod as well.

"And besides, I'm pretty strong, you know?" he then chuckled.

"I know... the strongest..." I smiled at him a little before leaning closer to him. I rested my head briefly on the side of his shoulder. "I don't know if I'll be able to get used to this..."

"Well, there's a first for everything..." he said while wrapping both his hands around me. I laughed.

"It'll be too difficult to walk like this!"