Unlikely Knight In Shining Armor

There... a tall, beautiful figure stepped through the front door. 

I felt a sudden sensation of peace cascade over my body. Even if the situation wouldn't be diffused easily... seeing him made me feel safer... he was here.

I wasn't alone... I wasn't dreaming right?

Kai's expression... I could only assume he was keeping himself as composed as possible... he looked angry... like he was about to go in for the kill. I hadn't seen him like this before...

"West Brooks... let her go... you don't have anywhere else to run..." Kai said while assertively raising his hands into the air. 

He then stepped forward and continued speaking: "the police already know your identity and they will be here in a few minutes..." I could see Kai's gaze shift from my eyes to West's carefully.

"She and I... we will be together forever..."West said bluntly.

Kai looked at me confused while West spoke again: "she's the only one... I have ever loved..." 

"West... if you let her go right now... that would be best thing you can do for her..." I could hear police sirens in the distance. West tightened his grip around me. My shoulder felt like it was breaking in two.

"West, please... it hurts..." I said while wincing. 

"No, no, no... this wasn't how it was supposed to be!!" he pressed his face against my head. "Who is he?!!" West shouted in rage. 

"I'm... her lover..." my eyes rose in shock. West started laughing at Kai's response. 

"Seriously... so if there's someone getting in the way of your happiness it's me.." was he out of his mind?

"You're... lying... you're lying!! I know everything about her!" his grip tightened on me again.

"No... it's true... she's all I ever think about and she loves me... in fact, if I remember..." Kai's expression changed again... he looked like he was trying to 'pity' West:  "she told me about you once... you were someone she didn't talk to in school... and even though she barely remembered you... you did all this... pathetic..." I could feel West's grip on me loosen.

"Stop..."

"You're just a weak, perverted stalker. That's all you amount to..."

"Stop..."

"She'll never love a creep like you..."

"I said stop!!!" West pushed me aside and took the knife from his back pocket. He launched himself at Kai-- his new target. I tried getting up but my legs wobbled. I must have been at my limit...

Kai was able to easily deflect his front attack and the two of them exchanged a few hits before Kai was able to gain the upper hand. He pressed West against the wall beside the front door. In a matter of seconds a few police officers, who recognized Kai, were filing inside. They held up their guns while they took over the situation at hand.

One of the police officers reached over to help me up but I shuddered. When I looked up again Kai was there. He was brushing his hair aside.

"You're safe now... let's get out of here..."

"Hazel! Hazel! Please understand! I love you! Please! Don't leave me..." I closed my eyes. When he was gone Kai leaned over to help me up. When I was up on my feet I leaned into his arms and wrapped my arms around his body. I couldn't help but feel a mixture of relief and sadness at the same time.

I thought Kai would push me away but he leaned in closer and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you..." I mumbled.