This Lingering Hot Kiss

That was probably the best  sleep I have had in a while... it felt like I was floating on a cloud in the middle of the ocean...

When I turned to my side, thinking that this restful night would never end, I nearly whipped myself off of the bed into another dimension. I rubbed my back after falling onto the ground and then crept over to peek over at the person who was lying next to me on the bed.. Kai?!

What have I done?...

I held my chest a little in agony...

In-between my heart racing and my palms becoming clammier I felt my head spin ever so slightly... when my cheeks flushed I crawled over to my suitcase to grab some clothes. I carefully escaped from my bedroom wondering what I was suppose to do next?

I needed to clear my head...

After getting dressed in the bathroom I took a walk on the beach.

So what if he was next to you, Hazel? I slapped the sides of my cheeks gently. 

"Focus... he's just a guy you've been living with... just a guy... you've been living with..."

I wasn't sure how far I strayed away from the vacation home but when it suddenly dawned on me that our relationship was getting a lot more complicated it made my heart flutter even more. And it made me think about all of the times we spent together. 

I sat down abruptly on the sand and stared out at the ocean. I listened to the gentle swaying of the palm trees and waves.

What was I going to do?

"Hey babe! Are you lost?" I turned to looked up at 3 men who were walking closer to me. I sighed and looked away.

"Need any help?" another one asked and I shook my head. I dusted the sand off of my hands and started walking away but they followed after me.

"Hey! We just wanna talk," I looked over at them again while they caught up to me. I wanted to throw a few punches without thinking. There were some pent up frustrations in me that I wanted to desperately let out... but I didn't want to cause Kai any trouble...

Kai... my heart sunk as I looked ahead at the endless shore line...

"Our yacht is nearby and we're having a party... wanna come?" one of them continued and I sighed.

"I'm not interested." I tried picking up my pace but they chuckled in unison. When one of them grabbed a hold of my arm I lost my composure. I spun around quickly while grabbing his arm and aggressively pushed it towards his spine. He held his shoulder blade in pain while I trapped his arm behind his back.

"I said I'm not interested. Don't you understand?" one of them backed off but another one seemed to enjoy my reaction.

"Ow ow ow! Okay!! Let go! We just wanted to have some fun!" I pushed him away and I immediately turned to walk away but the other amused one touched the top of my shoulder. I turned and I tried to push him away but he was quick and grabbed my wrists. 

I tried bringing my weight forward but he had the upper hand and raised my arms.

"Let go!" I shouted at him but he just laughed. Just when I was about to kick him I felt my body move to the side. When I turned I saw Kai land a punch right into that guy's mouth. He staggered back and fell down. The timid one of the three started running away. Kai massaged his hand and glared at them.

When Kai stepped forward I put my hand on his chest. We looked at one another briefly... it was as though time had stopped moving around us... moments later Kai took my hand and started pulling me forward. And shortly after, it was raining...