2. The Chaos

I B R A H I M' S P O V

Still can't register the fact the girl sitting in front of me is my wife.

Ugh God!

Why did Nano had to drop this bomb of Rukhsati?!

I checked on Mira and she see also seemed to be helpless so I decided to save this damsel in distress.

"Nano!" I added quickly. "Isn't it too early for it, don't you think so?" I interrupted in trying to display my misery.

"Yes Nano. We are still very young." Mira supported me, timidly. Where did the bravery go now, Miss Khan?

"What? You guys are not so young. Both of you are matured enough, according to me." Mom gave me a sharp look. Uh- I know that look, its- 'Shut up or you will eat karela for the whole week.' (bitter gourd)

Why Mom? Why?

"I am just not comfortable and Mira's also just twenty one, yet to become a marine biologist. And it's been only a year and half since I have become the C.E.O. So....." I trailed off.

"Yes Dadu, he's right." Mira piped in. Hush! Finally some sense she has.

"You guys have been giving excuses since last six months. If you want to give any suggestions, today at eight o'clock meet us all in Dad's room other than that you have no say." Dad commanded like literally commanded us. Are we his hostage or something? But excuse me, it's me getting married I guess?

[A/N: Guys it's not a forced marriage. They both i.e. Almira and Ibrahim, have given their consent rightfully. They just don't want Ruksati to happen so soon.]

I just looked at him, registering what he was saying in mind when someone kicked me under the table. I looked up to se my pretty wife sitting in front of me motioning me to say something. Sarcasm, you see.

"But Dad-"

"If you are saying anything against about what I informed, then we all are gonna simply ignore you." Dad interrupted me in between before I could even complete the sentence. Why is he so dominant!

I looked at Mira and shrugged at her. What am I supposed to do now?

She huffed at me and made a disappointed face.

What's her problem? I am here taking efforts and she is sitting there and making faces?! Huh, stupid girl. 

After everybody had their breakfast, Uncle Mustafa and Dad went to their work not before giving me a warning to reach to office in next fifteen minutes, Nano and Dadu to their room and mothers to the kitchen.

Only me, Hamdan and Mira were left.

"If you ask me, you both should start getting ready for wedding." Hamdan butted in.

"That's the point Hamdan. Kisine tumse pucha hi nahi." I snapped at him. (No one asked you.)

"And speak only when you are supposed to, stupid." Mira twisted his ear, gritting her teeth at him.

"Huh! Look who's talking." I scoffed at her.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM RAHIM?!" Mira hollered. My poor ears!

"Stop screaming!"

"I won't stop it when you are here talking like an idiot!" She sneered at me.

"Then how else are you supposed to understand me?" I smirked at her as I got up from the table and started walking towards my room.

"IBRAHIM SHAFIN SAYED! HOW DARE YOU CROSS YOUR LIMITS?!" She marched towards me. Doesn't her throat hurt after all the shouting?

"Stop taking my full name Mira." I gritted at her.

"I am out if this. Happy fighting, people." Hamdan walked off.

"CHUP RAHO HADMAN!" Both Mira and I shouted at him. (SHUT UP)

"Why? Why are you shouting at the poor boy? And why are you guys again fighting?!" Mom walked in with Aunt Rahat.

"Mom ask your good for nothing daughter-in-law." I spat. This girl brings out the worst of me.

"Hey! Why are you blaming me? Mene kya kiya?" Mira questioned me furiously. (What did I do?)

"If you are going to be two faced, then at least make one of them pretty." I barked at her and heard gasps from Aunt Rahat and Mom. Sorry Aunt Rahat your daughter just ticks me off!

"You are calling me ugly?! Atleast I am not as ugly as your personality! YOU IDIOT!" She jumped at me.

"I am allergic to idiots. Stay away from me!" Oof this girl. I had said yes to this marriage, by my will thinking that I would take up some liking towards Mira after I get married. Just waiting for that moment. Patience Rahim, patience.

"Rahim!" She shouted at the top of her voice.

"Mira!" I imitated her.

"Shush both of you now!" Aunt Rahat decided to interrupt in. I looked at Mira who was gasping for air, who had gone breathless because of all the screaming and shouting.

"This is the way I have raised you Rahim? To call your wife ugly?" Mom twisted my ear.

"Mom! Why are you giving punishing me because of this good for-"

"Don't you dare finish your sentence Rahim! I'll slaughter you right now!" Mira interrupted me.

"Mira! Mira! Shut up for a minute, will you? Why don't you have some manners? Or I taught you none?" Aunt Rahat scolded Mira.

"He's your husband. The least you could do is give him some respect!" Aunt snapped her. Yes very good Aunt!

"And you! That is not the way you talk to your wife Rahim." Mom jeered at me.

"You both should respect each other, children." Aunt Rahat concluded.

"Not fight like enemies!" Mom glared at me.

"Why can't you guys be civil with each other for once?"

"This Rahim!" Mira pointed her finger at me. "Mom he always starts the fight." She whined.

"Astagfirullah! Such a big liar you are. Have some shame." I defended myself.

"You should have some shame, shameless."

"Again back to square one!" Aunt Rahat huffed massaging her temples.

"Rahim you go to your room, get ready, don't you have to go to office?" Mom implored angrily.

"And you Mira! You also go and get ready for college rather than fighting." Aunt Rahat ushered.

I started going towards my room when Mira stuck her tongue at me. Whose more childish here?

"Now-" I started.

"Shut up and go to your room." Mom interrupted me.

I climbed up the stairs and heard Mira getting scoldings from Aunt Rahat.

Haha! That's what you get for messing with me.

Asalamwalaikum! How are you guys? The second chapter is done. Phew. What do you think? Comment about it. Until then AllahHafiz, bye and take care ^_^

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 23-04-19