21. Phone Call

I B R A H I M' S P O V

I texted her and smiled at the screen. Cute!

I entered my office and switched on to my work mode. After an hour or so, my phone started ringing. I smiled widely when I saw the picture of her, Mira. I had captured it when she was folding her prayer mat and didn't even notice that her husband was being a photographer here. She looked so serene and innocent.

Suddenly the picture vanished making me realise that the call has been cut cause I was too busy in staring at her picture.

I hurriedly called her again but the line was busy. Maybe she's calling me.

My phone ranged again when I picked it up I saw Mira's picture appear again. I quickly picked up the call before I, again, get lost in her mesmerising eyes. So cheesy. My subconscious had to nitpick.

I kept it near my ear just to hear my sweet wife's voice. No puns intended I tell you!

"IBRAHIM SHAFIN SAYED?! WHY WERE'NT YOU PICKING UP THE CALL?!" She shouted through the phone.

That was difficult question to be answered.

"I-" She, ofcourse, cut me off.

"AND WHY WAS YOUR CALL BUSY WHEN I CALLED YOU SECOND TIME. SAY?!" She is furious.

"Mi-" She is not giving me any chance to talk. Its better I shut my mouth. You know my mantra: Happy wife, happy life.

"AND THE MAIN PURPOSE OF CALLING YOU: WHERE HAVE YOU KEPT THE AIR CONDITIONER'S REMOTE?! WHY ARE'NT YOU ANSWERING?!" She hollered.

"When my sweet wife will allow me to talk, then only I can speak na." I replied calmly. I can imagine her blushing right now.

"Uh. . . um I-I just called you to ask about the remote. Kahan rakha hai tumne?" At first, she started stuttering but later she spoke in a very fast speed but not that fast that I couldn't understand. (Where have you kept?)

"What will I get in return if I tell you where the remote is?" I decided to tease her a little but-

"A BIG FAT PUNCH! Want that?"

"Why so violent 24/7?"

"YOU WANT TO TELL RIGHTNOW OR I SHALL COME THERE AND LET YOU TASTE THE PUNCH?!"

"Yes please come here at the office. Wese bhi bohot yaad aa rahi hai tumari." (I am missing you alot already.)

"I really made a mistake by calling." She groaned.

"A great person said that mistakes are sometimes the best memories of your life." I quoted. I don't even know whether it's an actual quote or not but we are keeping that a secret.

"Rahim." Oof, my name never sounded this beautiful before. "Tell me please. Its very hot here." I heard her plead.

"See what my mere presence can d-" I was continuing teasing but Mira is Mira.

"IBRAHIM TELL ME RIGHTNOW OR ELSE YOU'LL SLEEP IN THE BALCONY TODAY! AND WHEN I SAY IT ILL DO IT, THEN IT MEANS ILL MAKE YOU SLEEP IN THE BALCONY, UNDERSTAND?!" She was serious this time. Her tone said it all.

"Geez, fine, I can't bare you suffering in pain. Its under the dressing table. Actually today it fell from my hand when I switched it off today and I was very lazy to pick it up." I explained her scratching the back of my head.

"Whom did I marry?" I heard her muttering to herself in hushed voice.

"A gentleman who loves his wife till death."