36. Too Late?

O N E Y E A R L A T E R

Haha! Just kidding 😂
Continuation of last chapter.

A L M I R A' S P O V

He left. Left without even sparing a glance at me. The divorce will be issued today and even the thought makes me cry! But why? I should be happy.

I was missing his usual behaviour, his jokes and not to forget his cheesy pickup lines.

"Are you sure about the divorce, Appi?" Hamdan whispered leaning towards me.

"Yes Hamdan." I gave my short reply.

"But-" He was going to say something but for the first time despite of getting cut off I cut him off while talking.

"No more questions Hamdan. Continue your breakfast." I told him in a strict tone.

"No Appi! I am sorry, I shouldn't be arguing with you, because you are elder than me, but I am your brother and I will tell you where you are going wrong." He also argued.

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!" I shouted at him.

"I will shut my mouth but the thing which you are doing is totally wrong Appi." He said furiously.

I glared at him and went inside the room. Tears welled up in my eyes. Today, I was totally blank about what to do ahead. First, Rahim ignoring me then the divorce and now my only brother is also angry with me. Please God help me! Who will tell Hamdan that I am divorcing him because of Aunt Maroosha!

I was a girl who never used to cry much. But from the last few days I have cried so much that I don't even remember that when did I cry this much before. I am not girly girl but not a typical tom boy too. I was a balance of both but now I have become such a cry baby.

It's okay to cry Mira, it's okay to cry.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID to see Nada calling me.

"Hello." I spoke.

"Hello, Asalamwalaikum Mira. How are you, girl?" She asked. She was the only one to understand all my problems.

"Nada. . . Please come a-at my p-place." I managed to say in between hiccups.

"Mira?! Why are you crying? Calm down, I will be there in ten minutes." I heard her urgent voice.

"Ok bye, AllahHafiz."

"AllahHafiz." And I cut the call.

I was desperately waiting for her to come so that I can burst out all my problems with her that why am I not happy about the divorce?

After sometime, the bedroom door flunged open and there stood my best friend. I ran over to her and hugged her, crying my heart out.

"Shh. . . Calm down Mira. Let's sit and talk." She dragged me towards the bed. "Now explain me, what happened?"

"You know that I and Rahim are getting divorce." I hiccuped.

"WHAT?! WHY?!" She hollered.

So I explained her the whole drama about Aunt Maroosha asking to divorce his son, Rahim ignoring me and even mine Hamdan's fight.

"But Aunt Maroosha always liked you both." Nada looked confused. Guess she doesn't anymore. "Did she directly ask for divorce.?" She questioned.

"Directly asked or not. Doesn't matter. The real reason was only this behind her talks."

"The point Nada here, is why am I sad about this? This is what I wanted since the beginning!"

"Tell me, do you feel sad when he is sad?" She implored.

I nodded.

"Do you feel hurt when he is hurt.?"

I again nodded.

"Do you feel happy when he is happy?" She looked at me expectantly to which I obviously nodded.

"Do you feel irritated when he is ignoring you."

"Ofcourse." I cried out taking my head in my hands.

"Then the thing here is that you, my bestie, are in love with your husband." As soon as she said those words my head snapped in her direction.

"No...no..no I can't love him. If I do then it would be very difficult for me to divorce him." I shook my head vigorously at her. This cannot happen! No!

"Stupid girl! It was already difficult for you to divorce him cause you love him for a long time. Even your brother Hamdan, despite of being younger than you can understand that your happiness lies with Ibrahim than why are you being stubborn?!"

"I really do?" I asked in astonishment.

"Yes my dear, you do. Even I had thought you have fallen for him, but I thought not to tell you. Actually you yourself observe the things. How you reacted yesterday when that stupid Fahad just took Rahim's name and you rushed to the office all sick and worried."

"Ya. . . But-"

"I have seen your face when you were worried for him and the other night when we were having the sleepover how you cared about him and scolded him to switch off the air conditioner."

"But Nada care and love are different things." I tried to explain her.

"You are in delusional. Also, don't give care and love are different things crap. The way you smile on his silliness, the way you blush when he says something cheesy. THIS IS LOVE!" She exclaimed moving her hands frantically in the air.

I started thinking about all the time when Rahim used to care about me, he still does, how I get worry, how I am concerned about him and nowadays I feel good doing things with him.

"Ha." I whispered. (Yes.)

"Yes what?" Nada asked irritated.

"Yes. I think I am in love that too with Rahim.

Asalamwalaikum and hello people!! Finally Mira has realised. Now let's see what happens next. Any guesses? Let me know through the comments and don't forget to vote by clicking on the star icon. Until then thank you, bye, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

Also, do tell me your favourite part of the chapter.

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 13/05/19