13. Why?

A L M I R A' S P O V

I sighed deeply as I finished making the caramel pudding. Phew! Ugh. . . Now I have to set the dishes on the table. As I was setting the dishes I saw Rahim going back to his room. God knows what he must have choose for me. He knows only about my dislikes that too just for irritating me.

I was done with setting the table when Aunt Rizwana strolled inside the kitchen.

"Umm. . . Mira done with setting the table?" She asked. I wonder which work she'll give me next.

"Yes Aunt. You wanted something?"

"No."

"Okay."

I know she is testing me, she just wants me disagree with her and then she'll go on and phone Aunt Maroosha and start gossiping and complaining about her daughter-in-law disrespected her (Aunt Rizwana). I will not let her win. Nope. Never.

"And yes tomorrow is Shazia's engagement ceremony. You have to participate okay? So get ready for tomorrow." She informed. She could have informed me after the engagement. No worries.

I nodded as she went off. Everybody came down for eating except Rahim. He's fasting today? No, according to me. That is way too out of league for him.

"Bhabhi, Rahim Bhai is still not here. Bula lao na unhe." Zara whispered in my ear before walking off to her seat. Why me? Cause you are his wife. My subconscious is my enemy too now. (Go call him.)

I went up to the room and barged inside.

"There's something called 'knocking on the door'." Here comes our beloved sarcastic king. Feeling like punching this idiot.

"Oh really? I didn't know. Thanks for informing me if you would've not said then what would happened?!" I retorted back sarcastically.

"Now you know right? So from next time do so." Oh comebacks. I see.

"Whatever. If your meeting with Bill Gates has ended come down for dinner."

"Why do you always have to be sarcastic?"

"Why do you always have to be dumb?"

"Why are you always trying to be the over smart one?"

"Why do you not behave like a sane human? Oh sorry, my bad, how could you behave like one when you aren't one." I am sure that by this time he wants to kill me.

"Yes afterall its your influence, you donkey!" He laughed off. How dare he?!

"IBRAHIM SHAFIN SAYED HOW DARE YOU CALL ME AN ANIMAL?!?"

"Stop it please, stop taking my full name. And I also called an animal because you are one. I always say the truth."

"I always say the truth" I mimicked him with most high-pitched voice I could ever pull of. "Lets see how much of a truth saying person you are. Come down everyone is waiting." I hurriedly rushed down for dinner. Man I am hungry no actually famished.

Both of us sat on our chairs which, unfortunately, was beside each other.

Everyone was talking casually about tomorrow's preparations etc when it was time for the dessert. I hope that everyone likes.

"Dear, serve your dessert." Aunt Rizwana insist.

I served all of them and the last person to serve was. . . . . Any guesses? Yes, Rahim.

"My part is surely not poisoned na?" He whispered me in the ear.

I glared at him in response.