11. Tired

A L M I R A' S P O V

I was already tired because of the journey and washing the dishes was enough too and now this idiot is bothering me.

"By the way when will we get our divorce?" I asked him because I was very eager to know about my freedom.

"Mmm. . . I don't know. After we return back then some days later I'll go and issue for a divorce." He informed me, his eyes still glued to his laptop screen.

I closed my eyes to get relax but no my life is not so easy because Aunty Rizwana barged in. There's something called knocking, Miss!

"What happened Aunt? Everything's fine?" Rahim asked keeping his laptop off his lap, standing.

"Oh I just came here to ask whether Mira could make any dessert for the dinner. Only if she knows and wants to." She exclaimed. Ugh. . . I am already exhausted and again a disturbance. I could've denied but it would be so rude and a bad a impression on me, Rahim and my whole family that's why I simply nodded. And that's not in my nature to deny someone directly I just can't do that and that is a big problem for me. I just can't say no to people on their face, especially when they're your elder or a relative and here Aunt Rizwana lies under both the categories.

"Yes Aunt I will. Which one do you want me to make? Caramel pudding is okay?" I asked her.

"Yes. But for the ingredients you need to run to the supermarket for that. Will you do it because Aréf and Saeed have went to their office for some work and their wives are busy with their kids and the daughters with study. So will you..." Just my bad luck. Why did I have to tell caremal pudding? Ugh! Because that's the only thing in desserts which you know properly to make. My brain reminded to which I agree. Hey! No. I have learnt many other desserts too.

"Ohk. Let me just take my dupatta (piece of clothing worn around shoulders by woman mostly in South Asian countries)." I told her taking my dupatta from the chair where I thew it earlier.

"I will just go to the nearest Target." I declared spreading my dupatta on my shoulders.

"Wait! Why will you go alone? I'll come with you." Frome where has sun rise today? Mr. Ibrahim Shafin Sayed has offered to come with me?!

"Ok then. All the best." Aunt Rizwana smiled, no wait- fake smiled, and left.

"What happened Rahim? Are you alright?" I walked towards him.

"Yes. I am fine why would ask that?" His brows furrowed.

"I mean you yourself offered to accompany me, your enemy, which you won't do it in your stable state." Something clicked in my mind as I said that.

"Don't tell me you are drunk Rahim you know it's prohibited still-" I gasped but got cut off anyway.

"Nahi, bewakoof! Even though I hate you with my life but you are here on my responsibility and if Mom comes to know that you went alone then she'll bury me alive. So stop wasting my time and lets go." Hmmm Impressive! (No, you foolish!)

We sat in the car and he drove towards Target. Oh I just love target. Did I mention that before? No? Okay I am mentioning it now.

We entered inside and I started searching for the ingredients to make Caramel custard or pudding whatever you call it. But where was this Rahim? I knew where he would be. LEGO section!

I stalked towards him and saw him putting LEGOs in his basket. It has been his some weird kind of fetish since childhood.

"No no no no no we are not buying LEGOs now. Rahim keep them where they were." I scolded him. He seriously has a very serious obsession of collecting LEGOs. There are so many at home already and he still wants to buy.