35. Get habituated

I B R A H I M' S P O V

I woke up the next morning, when my alarm went off. I had purposely set the alarm so that I could wake up for Fajr Salah and not disturb Mira.

I saw Mira coming from the bathroom towards me but got surprised when she saw me already woke up. She went ahead and started offering her Salah.

Mira please, listen to your heart. It's already morning and if she doesn't confess before I go to office then our story ends here.

I went inside the washroom did my daily routine and started offering my salah.

I was expecting her to say or confess but she kept her mouth shut. When is she gonna realise?!

After offering my Salah, I got change into my suit and when I was about to go outside I was stopped when Mira opened her mouth.

"Wait!" She enunciated making me halt in steps and finally let out a breath out of relief.

"Hmm?" I turned towards her.

Finally! My Mira has realised. C'mon, my sweet little wife, confess.

"Why did you set the alarm it's always me who wakes you up everyday for Salah?" She asked making me facepalm internally.

I spoke way too soon.

"Weren't you ignoring me yesterday? You were the only one while kept the alarm yesterday. So why can I not?" I raised my eyebrows at her. "By the way from tomorrow you will not be here to wake me up. I need to get habituated of getting up alone, by alarm." I reiterated as if it wasn't a big deal but from inside I was shaken.

I was even angry at her because she isn't realising! I had done everything to make her confess. Maybe I am understanding things wrong. She doesn't love me I guess. I will die single.

"Yes, you are correct. Get habituated." She croaked. Just like my broken heart her voice seemed to be broken too. She went outside passing across for me but I didn't miss her beautiful grey eyes filled with tears.

I sighed, walking down the dining table and surprisingly no one was present, only Hamdan was there.

"Gum ball, where is everyone?" I implored him. I knew Gum ball would irritate him.

"I won't tell you unless you stop calling me gum ball!" He exclaimed, widening his grey eyes at me. Mira's are more beautiful though.

"Fine, Mr. Hamdan Shahvaiz Khan, can you please enlighten me with your utter intelligence that where has all the elders gone?" I gave him a sweet sickeningly smile. Ugh, kids nowadays.

"Yes, peasant." He looked down at me making me raise my eyebrows at him. "They all are in Nano and Dadu's room discussing about your guys' divorce." Damn.

"Really? But why now? It was supposed to be issued in the evening, right?" Mira asked shockingly.

Okay people, finally, she realises that she's in love with me and don't wanna divorce me! Wohoo!

"Why does it matter? Better be now then later." I provoked so that she confesses me.

C'mon Mira! You can do it! Just three words. 

I expected her to say something but not a singled syllable was released from her mouth.

"Appi, I want breakfast! I am hungry! Please give something to eat." Hamdan interrupted her thoughts. "Mom is taking too long to come and I don't see any if the helpers cause they are given a leave for Eid."

Idiot! Always talks when not supposed to!

She nodded at him and rushed to the kitchen. I kicked him under the table.

"You glutton! What was the need to speak?!" I scolded at him.

"What was the need to kick me?!" He fired back.

"I talk only because God has given me mouth." He grinned.

"Don't you think that you talk too much." The idiot nodded at my words. I sighed out of frustration. First Mira is still not confessing then our parents discussing about our divorce and now this moron.

"By the way, what's happening between you and Mira Appi? You guys are not fighting with each other and also you both don't seem happy for divorce?" So he noticed.

"Yes, I don't fight with her because I love her." I confessed proudly.

"Really?" He said with a surprised look and I nodded smiling.

"Then this divorce?"

"Tumhari appi ko chahiye" I spoke bitter. "God knows what's wrong with her that why she isn't confessing?" (Your sister wants the divorce.)

"Hmm....I gue-" He was going to speak something when Mira came out with two plates of sandwiches.

"Hamdan your peanut butter jam sandwich." She told, sliding one of the plate infront of him.

Oh I do not like peanuts. Ughh...but if she has made it I am ready to have poison too.

So cliche. My subconscious piped in.

No one asked your opinion, brain.

She slid one plate infront of me too and I looked at it to see that it was not peanut butter but it was Nutella.

I shot my head towards her and she was standing there looking down and gorgeous. 

"Don't give me looks I know you don't like peanut butter. So I prepared you nutella one." She said in a stern voice.

"What are you Mira? Why are you so confusing?" I held her wrist.

"Aisi hi hun mein." (I am like this only.)

"Where is your breakfast?" I asked her taking a bite of the sandwich made by my beautiful wife. Let's call her wife because she won't be one anymore after some hours.

She can still confess, you know! And for once I was happy with my subconscious.

"I am bringing mine." She again went inside and brought her sandwich.

I looked at my watch and it was almost time for me to leave.

I looked at Mira who was looking gloomy but still managed to set my heart high! Maybe this is the last time I am seeing her as my wife. I was busy gazing at her when her eyes met mine.

Come on Mira! Now confess already!

I heard a commotion when I the elders were descending down to sit on the dining table.

"Rahim! Come home early today you have to go to the lawyer for the divorce." Mom informed as I nodded at her because I couldn't process of anything to say it by myself.

I looked at Mira to finally, atleast now, confess but she was there sitting with her eyes lower down.

I looked at her briefly and went outside saying Salam (greetings) to everyone.

Here goes the end of my love story.

Asalamwalaikum and hello people!! Let me know through comments and vote too. Until then thank you, bye, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 12/05/19