30. Scoldings

A L M I R A' S P O V

This guy has nerves to do all this stuff! I'll give him a piece of mind. Let him come back.

I was sitting on the chair while having my breakfast, when this little brother of mine decided to fulfill Rahim's presence by irritating me.

"Mira, what happened? Why do you look so red?" Mom implored obviously looking at my flustered face.

"Uh..umm, noth-nothing." Why did I stutter?!

"She must be missing Rahim Bhai. Right Appi?" Hamdan piped in. See? Told ya.

HUNDRED IDIOTS MUST HAVE DIED WHEN RAHIM AND HAMDAN WERE BORN. THE KINGS OF IDIOTS!

"Hamdan, you don't need to worry about me. You mind your own business and GET LOST FOR YOUR SCHOOL, OKAY?!" I hollered at him.

"Yes-yes why will I worry about you? Rahim Bhai is already there to fulfill the job." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. This guy.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, YOU INSUFFERABLE IDIOT." I fumed at him as he ran away, chuckling. This guy seriously needs to be send to a boarding school.

"Mira! Control your voice. Don't think as if you are a queen of some kingdom." Mom glared at me.

"Mom, but he also crossed his limits!" I whined.

"No. I am not talking about today. Everyday every time you shout and argue either with Rahim or Hamdan. You argue with Hamdaan is fine, that is how every sibling relationship is but what about Rahim? Huh? He's your husband and I don't think that every husband-wife relationship is like that." She scolded at me. But what did I do? Hamdan was being stupid and Rahim is the one who always starts the fight. Ughh...Rahim you just wait and watch.

"Rahat, early in the morning you have started scolding at her. Leave the poor girl now! She's married now let her do what she wants to. But yes, Mira don't argue with your husband all the time. Little bit of disagreements are okay but fights are strictly prohibited to both of you." Abbu (father) saved me from Mom's wrath.

"Ji Abbu." (Yes.)

Aa soon as I reached my room, I called the person who was reason for me getting scolded.

I called Rahim, but he didn't pick up the phone. Once. Twice. Thrice. I called him again but he still didn't pick up his phone.

Oh so ego problems he has? Wait- but what if he got sick after reaching there? That could also be possible.

I had Fahad's number so I dialled it. He must be knowing about Rahim's whereabouts. They are best friends for God sake.

Finally Fahad, picked up the call at two rings. Why are people not picking up the calls at the first ring?

"Asalamwalaikum Mira. What happened? Why did you call me? Is everything fine?" He bombarded me with loads of questions.

"Walaikumasalam Fahad. Actually I have been calling Rahim for past ten minutes but he isn't receiving any calls of mine. I called him three times but still no response is he okay? Or is h-" But I was cut off when he spoke from the other line.

"Please Rahim's caring wife, stop worrying about him so much. He's perfectly fine and don't get tensed he's right now in a meeting. That's why he didn't pick up any of your calls." He informed making me sigh out of relief.

"Ohkay, thank you for giving me the information and by the way I have a very simple name, Almira, which is very easy to say rather than 'Rahim's caring wife' so next time you can call me Almira or Mira!"

"Welcome. But what is wrong with the name- 'Rahim's caring wife'? It's so correct. Anyway, I'll tell him to call you. He will be ecstatic after hearing that you called him."

"Why is everybody my enemy?! Just call me Mira for God's sake. And AllahHafiz now I gotta go."

"Yes-yes AllahHafiz- Rahim's caring wife." As I was going to tell him not to call me with that name, that jerk cut the call.

Rahim's friend is also like him! Nincompoops!

Later, knowing that Rahim is in pink of health, I started preparing for my assignment. Half an hour had passed when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID to see Rahim calling. Now wait and watch what I do, Mr Ibrahim.

"Hey Asalamwalaikum Mira!" He sounded very excited.

Here I was getting scolded by everyone and getting all worried about him and he's here all excited?

"Hello? You there?" He again asked.

"IBRAHIM SHAFIN SAYED! WHY WERENT YOU PICKING UP CALLS?!" I shouted at him.

"Finally relieved to hear your sweet yet so loud noise."

"First answer my question!" I asked him angrily.

"Honey, I was in a meeting Fahad informed you, didn't he?" He told me. The word honey however had an impact on me. Why does these names he gives effects me?

"But still you should have leave a voice note or something!" I argued.

"Why? You were worried about me?" He asked and I was flabbergasted about what to answer.

"Uh..umm no actually I was. . . Yes! I called you to scold you because I was getting scoldings because of you!" I spluttered, giving an excuse also it was not a complete lie.

"Why? What did I do?" I heard his surprised voice from the other side. (I didn't complain about you.)

"Mom was scolding me because I always argue with you. But it's always not me who starts the arguments." I complained to him.

"Hmm...so why don't you do a thing? You fall in love with me then and there will be no arguments at all." What am I supposed to answer to that?

"You know what Mira?"

"Kya?" I whispered. (What?)

"You can fall from mountains, trees, cliffs and according to your clumsiness you can fall from a chair too BUT the best way to fall is- to fall in love and that too with me would be best thing happening. I assure you." I am already melted from his words.

"But for your kind information I have told you that I will never fall in love. That's impossible for me." I reasoned out.

"Oh let's see honey. Let's see." Again that 'honey' word!

"Anyway How's your fever now? Is your head aching again?" I implored.

"People fall in love but I am rising in yours. You say that you don't love me but still care about me. Anyway answer to your question: I am, Alhumdullillah (with God's grace) fine you don't need to worry."

"Dekhbaal aur mohabbat, do alag cheeze hai, Mr. Ibrahim Shafin Sayed!" (Caring and loving are two different things.)

"Par tumhare maamle mein toh dono ek hi hai, Mrs. Almira Ibrahim Sayed." He replied back in a calm tone. (But in your case it's both together.)

"Um...Mom is calling me I guess I gotta go. AllahHafiz."

"AllahHafiz, love you and take care." Again the L-word! I didn't tell him anything in return and just cut the call.

Why the L-word?!

Asalamwalaikum and hello people!! How are you guys? And how's the fast going my Muslim friends? Anyway did you guys like the chapter? Let me know through comments. Until then, bye, thank you, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

Also, do tell me your favourite part of the chapter. 

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 08/05/19