28. Worried

I B R A H I M' S  P O V

"Rahim! Rahim! Get up!" A familiar voice spoke.

"Come on Rahim it's eight o'clock already. Get up please. I am getting very much worried." This time it was an angelic voice who called out.

I opened my eyes open to see my whole family in my room.

"Why were you not getting up?" Nano asked.

"Yes. We were so worried." Dadu added.

"You scared us Rahim." Aunt Rahat piped in.

"That's what." Mom gave me an anxious look.

"I am sorry..." I began apologising.

"Why were you slept for so many hours Rahim Bhai (brother)? Did you have extra dose of medicine?" Hamdaan came forward.

Mira pulled the drawers of the nightstand to check the number of tablets left.

"Rahim?!" She hollered. "You had two tablets. You were supposed to have only one!" She cried.

"No. I remember taking my tablets and then I slept while I was waiting for you." I told her as her eyes got wide after hearing the last sentence.

"Take care of yourself son." Abbu (Father) patter my head.

"Yes. Mira be with him. He needs to be taken care of." Uncle Mustafa instructed.

"Yes Abbu I was with him all the time. I just went down to have lunch. When I came up I saw him fast asleep. So I decided to study for my exams coming after the summer break. But I didn't leave the room for a second also." She explained. How much she cares still denies that she is love with me.

"Now he has wake up let's go and let him rest." Dadu left the room.

One by one everyone left not before giving me instructions about having medicine on time and only one at a time.

"Hamdan! Wait." Mira called out.

"What Appi (sister)?"

"Please go get the oatmeal I have prepared. Its on the kitchen platform." She requested him.

"Okay, I'll go get it." He nodded at and left the room.

"Mira..." I called her but she was busy doing something in the wardrobe.

"Mira!" She ignored.

"Mira!" I slightly increased my voice. Again ignored?!

"No! Don't even think of getting up!" She snapped her neck in my direction. "Understand?" She asked coming near the bed when I was going to get up.

"Then why are ignoring me?" I implored her.

"Because I am angry with you." She folded her hands across her chest.

"Why?" I questioned in a soft voice.

"Because you are not taking care of yourself properly." I made her sit beside me. "Why did you have two tablets? You idiot!" She scolded at me.

"Wait a sec, why am I even talking to you?! While I am angry with you." She moved away from me.

"Mir-" I was cut off by the door opening.

"Appi, take." Hamdan handed over the tray of a bowl and a glass of water to Mira.

"Thank you Hamdi." She ruffled her brother's hair as he gently swatted her hands away, pouting.