31. We Are One

A L M I R A' S  P O V

After talking to Rahim, I had lunch with everybody and later it was time for offering Maghrib Salah.

Right now I am roaming around the house having nothing to do. Why hasn't Rahim come? But why do I care?! Ugh...

Why does Rahim has this kind of effect on me?

What's changed in me nowadays, Allah?

Why do I care when he's hurt?

Why is it always as if I am hurt when he is?

My head is spinning around because of thinking all this stuff.

As I was wandering around, Aunt Maroosha called me from room.

I went inside the room and asked "Yes Mom what happened?" I decided to call Mom in front of her.

"I wanted to talk to you." Man, what wrong did I do that she wants to talk to me? Cause Aunt Maroosha was always a chill person.

"About what?" I asked hesitantly.

"About Rahim. Dear, why don't you give a divorce to him?" She put it out straightforwardly making my eyes go wide with the surprise.

"We are so sorry for putting you both together. I think it wasn't the best idea for you both to get married." Oh my God! I can't believe it's Aunt Maroosha talking.

"Yo-you w..want me to divorce him?" I spoke timidly. Even though, I always protested infront of Rahim that why doesn't he give me the divorce but now it feels very strange and bad to even think about it.

"Yes. Cause I think Rahim is not happy. And you too. So I suggest what you guys feel better, do that."

And here I was speechless. I felt as if the whole world has shook.

She gave me a sad smile and I turned back and went outside.

Tears blurred my vision. However, I managed to climb upstairs when Hamdaan saw me. Curse my luck!

"Appi, What happened? Why are you crying?" He followed me but I didn't halt my steps as I continued jogging to my room with tears in my eyes. Why isn't he in school today?

Why am I even crying?! That's what I wanted, right?! And now when I got what I wanted my heart is not willing.

"Leave me alone, Hamdan." I told him softly. I was almost near my room.

"No Appi. Not until you tell me what's wrong!" He sounded adamant.

I was ignoring Hamdan all the whole going up when I got crashed into someone's chest. I looked up to see Rahim standing there with the most confused expression ever. He steadied me by holding me in his arms.

"Mira? What happened?" Rahim asked worriedly. He too asked the same question but nothing was processing in my mind and the tears were also not helping.

I gently pushed him aside and went inside the room as I cried my heart out

"Hamdan! Why is she crying?" I heard Rahim ask Hamdan.

"I don't know Rahim Bhai. She got out from Aunt Maroosha's room and straightaway went to her room, crying all the while. I followed her the whole way but all she said was to leave her alone. What happened to her? Did you guys fight?" I heard him answering.

"No. She was alright when I called her. You go. I'll handle." Rahim assured and after sometime he came in and shut the door and walked towards me.

"Mira, my girl, what happened?" He implored. Why are you being so sweet, Rahim? I asked him in my mind.